• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anyone Who Has A Bottle Capper To Sell Me?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BjornJ

Reaction score
Hi,
looking for a bench capper after breaking a glass bottle on my last try using a hand capper.

Is there anyone in inner Sydney who has one they are willing to get rid of cheaply? :D

Dave's Homebrew has them for $64 but thought I should ask here first in case there was a cheaper option.

I usually only bottle a couple of bottles in glass and the rest in PET and the hand capper works great.
Even fun to use!

But for the case swap I need to cap 28 longnecks and after cleaning the kitchen for beer and glass shards last time, I am not trying the hand capper again!

thanks
Bjorn

Just don't get the brigalow one, the champage capper doesn't fit it.

Pretty sure that I have a spare one that I inherited at some point - will have to check the garage tonight.

If still there, am happy to donate it to a fellow brewer's cause.

If you are desperate for the case swap you can drop by and BORROW mine.......I'll need it back to bottle mine as well.

I've got 1 of these you can have for free, just pay the postage to get it to you.

Link

Dr.Smurto, thanks for the offer. That is very nice of you, but I am hoping to go straight from hand capper to the fully fledged bench capper :)

thanks
Bjorn

cwbrown07,
that sounds awesome, please let me know if one turns up in a corner of the garage :icon_cheers:

Pollux,
thanks for the offer. May have to take you up on it. How long do you think I could BORROW it for? A year goes by so fast..

Hehe,

Bjorn

The only time I bottle anything is for case swaps, so you may be able to have it on long term loan with the proviso I get it back when I want it.

cwbrown07,
that sounds awesome, please let me know if one turns up in a corner of the garage :icon_cheers:

Pollux,
thanks for the offer. May have to take you up on it. How long do you think I could BORROW it for? A year goes by so fast..

Hehe,

Bjorn

no dramas - will have a look tonight and let you know.

Bjorn,

Looks like it is your lucky day!

Picture attached.

IMG_0092_1.JPG

If you are keen send me a PM and we can sort out collection.

AWESOME!!

PM sent, whoohoo!

thanks
Bjorn

Hey BjornJ,

Looks like you got the capper sorted out.....

Guess what, one week ago I bottled the lager that we talked about so much, using WLP830.

Its crystal clear mate.....light as in colour. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...st&p=626075

I am going to do a taste test this sunday, it'll be just over a week, so its gunna be wrong, anyway, give it another month or two and we should compare lagers, that is if you still have anymore of yours left.

Whaddya reckon?

Rendo (aka Adam)

AWESOME!!

PM sent, whoohoo!

thanks
Bjorn

mate, that looks awesome!!

I had a funny experience today at our beer-tasting session at work. There is a couple of us who brew and bring in beers and the other guys taste and give feedback. They have had some pretty average beers from us, to say the least ;)

Today I brought the lager we talked about for the first time, using WLP830. The guys loved it, said it was my best ever beer. POR for bittering and Hallertauer for flavor.
The beer bottles had spent a week in the fridge and it made a massive difference, I would recommend putting a couple of bottles in the fridge now and try next weekend to see if it makes a big difference to yours as well.

Tastes like the "lagering" part needed another week in the fridge then suddenly BOOOM came together!

Bjorn

Well, sounds like I will have to do just that then mate :) ANything in the name of beer science! :)

Thats good news from your mates at work. I will have to get into POR one day....I guess it must give it that real aussie lager flavour? interesting combo with hallertau.

Well done! :)

Rendo

mate, that looks awesome!!

I had a funny experience today at our beer-tasting session at work. There is a couple of us who brew and bring in beers and the other guys taste and give feedback. They have had some pretty average beers from us, to say the least ;)

Today I brought the lager we talked about for the first time, using WLP830. The guys loved it, said it was my best ever beer. POR for bittering and Hallertauer for flavor.
The beer bottles had spent a week in the fridge and it made a massive difference, I would recommend putting a couple of bottles in the fridge now and try next weekend to see if it makes a big difference to yours as well.

Tastes like the "lagering" part needed another week in the fridge then suddenly BOOOM came together!

Bjorn

Very glad to hear that you're doing away with the hand capper. Years ago I broke a bottle with one and a shard of glass went into the palm of my hand and out the other side, ie, my hand was impaled on the top of the broken bottle, which was incredibly sharp. I cut an artery and blood pumped out like crazy, all over floor, ceiling, walls, etc. Also cut a tendon. Called an ambulance and in the 8' it took them to arrive, I nearly bled to death. It took 3 hours of microsurgery to put the hand back together and I still have residual defects in that hand.

I threw away the hand capper and bought a bench capper after that. These days I keg.

I would say NEVER use one of those hand cappers, just not worth it.

Back