Another Gay Rant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been considering a career in primary school teaching for the same reasons as above, but even that isn't a safe place. A child falls in the playground and a female teachers hugs them to comfort them and it's okay, but if a male teacher does the same.........And they wonder why they can't get many men into teaching.
I was enrolled in a Primary Education program at Monash a long-arsed time ago and even back then I was expressly told to never help a hurt child in the playground once I was working out in the school system - I was to leave the child in a pile under the monkey bars and go get a female teacher. Women are pure and kind and men are horrible monsters.

I guess it only stands to reason that men who like men are double evil.

I'm assuming this comment was not meant to be taken seriously, can't see how gays bashing straights is any better than the other way around

Well to be honest, I hope you didn't take any of it seriously - though the players are factual.

However - gay man who's suffered taunting all his life gets called a 'fucken fag' by some yob from a moving car.

Car has to stop at traffic lights.

Gay man run's up to car, grabs hold of yob through window and punches his ******* mouth loose.

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I definately support all you have said except one part.

Being around kids, trust me it's not easier for straight men. I recently considered going into childcare as I was sick of dealing with degenerate gamblers on a daily basis, I love kids and kids tend to love me. But it's just not worthwhile. All it takes is one small minded parent who thinks that the only reason a man would want to work with children is for some ulterior sexually related motive to make a complaint and your career might as well be over.

I recently read an article on a childcare centre that does actually employ 4 men out of their staff of 15 odd carers, but there are different rules for the men, they must always remain in the sight of a female staff member and aren't permitted to perform tasks like taking children to the toilet or nappy changing (not that I personally enjoy having to perform either of those tasks with my daughter, but you get my point about double standards). If this were occuring in reverse the women's movement would have a field day and cry discrimination, unfair workplace conditions and god knows what else..

I've been considering a career in primary school teaching for the same reasons as above, but even that isn't a safe place. A child falls in the playground and a female teachers hugs them to comfort them and it's okay, but if a male teacher does the same.........And they wonder why they can't get many men into teaching.....And don't even start me on high school, I know of female students at my high school who made accusations of male teachers making sexual advances purely because they got given a shit mark on a paper......

End straight man's rant.

When my daughter was one I had to choose a child care centre, very hard task for a first time mother. I found one, it was run by a Husband and Wife team they had being in the industry four along time. A couple years later they retired. Till this day it was the best centre either. It never crossed my mind what so ever but I was getting my hair done and talking to the hairdresser as you do and told her where my child goes and she was horrified that I would put my child there. Even though there wasnt even a rumour going around. Its a very sad situation; she was then judging me for my decision. Bizarre.

But what upsets me the most is that homosexuality and paedophilia gets put in the same basket as one is sexuality and the other is psychiatric disorder there not the same thing. One is beautiful and the other is sick.

But you will find there close minded people just like Shooey was saying. The amount of times I've heard "Shows us your tit and not seductively either but with hate and disregard. Unfortunately there are horrible people in this world. Discrimination comes in all forms, I come across it every day Im in IT its male dominated but I get along ok. When I brewed that was another not so much on the board or my brew friends but when I did go to collect my medal SILVER for my Pale Ale I wore it with pride but some old bloke who also won quite allot when he saw me he laughed and said your got TITS...

My partner works in a weird situation mainly managed by man but lots of females his finding he is getting discriminated against a bulletin came around about promotions and there was 2 men and the rest were females... Gosh I laughed so hard. Especially when he called it a hen house Im like WTF! Thats coming from the men I love. His in analysis work, females make better analysis's more in the field so they dominate.... but plumbers, butchers, carpenters etc is male dominated. But the horror he even said none of them are very good at there job. I find that hard to believe.

You will be alright brad, harden up. Somewhere along the line you must feel that it was an offence. But you are gay so they were yelling the truth. Next time just call them fuckin straights or something.
Like you say it was hard coming out, but now you have come out, being called a ****** shouldn't be that great an offence. If you can't handle being called what you actually are well there is only one person who can change that.

You could not have said it better Brad. Thank you. :icon_cheers:

From an openly gay Professional Brewer :)

You will be alright brad, harden up. Somewhere along the line you must feel that it was an offence. But you are gay so they were yelling the truth. Next time just call them fuckin straights or something.
Like you say it was hard coming out, but now you have come out, being called a ****** shouldn't be that great an offence. If you can't handle being called what you actually are well there is only one person who can change that.
At uni I was friends with a heap of sri lankan guys. We used to play cricket - Australia vs Sri Lanka, and the sledging often included us calling them dirty curry niggers and them calling us filthy white maggots, honkeys, skips, etc. No one cared, cause we were all mates and mates hang shit on each other.

Just cause I was able to call my mate a "dirty curry nigger" doesn't make it OK for other people to do the same, and I would never, EVER do it to someone who wasn't a mate. Whenever some dickhead at a pub started getting lippy and trying it, I was the first guy in line ready to let him know what I thought - ref: Dave70's (awesome) post above...

The words aren't important, it's the feeling behind the words that is. Calling a mate a ****** is one thing, some dickhead yelling it from a car is something else entirely, and whilst offence is a choice, it doesn't mean the people saying it aren't complete and utter wankers deserving of Dave70's post.

****** is a bunch of sticks... dickhead...

By all means i am not backing up the dickheads in the car. But just curious why you take so much offence.

As i went to a christian school i got abuse if you can call it that all the time. But that was who i am and what i believe so i didn't care. After a while they realised that and wow it stoped.

The words aren't important, it's the feeling behind the words that is.

+1 on this. Its not the words that are the problem, it is the hate behind them. Be it homophobic, racist, classist whatever - why do the 'people in the car' feel that way towards the people they yell abuse at - one word - ignorance. Now of course the kneejerk reaction towards this problem (and a multitude of societies problems) is to place the responsibility on schools to educate about this but I beleive parents are much more influential. One of the best things we can do is to teach our own kids tolerance and understanding, and hope some of this rubs off on kids whose parents aren't so 'enlightened'.

its those damn priests, can't keep their hands to themselves.

chin up mate

Haha true that. Was more talking about other school kids. But i was taught to ignore them as it's more their problem in life then mine.

And we are part of a different church, don't believe in the hierachy.

Great thread mate.

A lot of people I know are homophobic and I do my best to talk them around without making it into a fight or getting on to a high horse. If everyone tried to just do this instead of refusing to acknowledge that homophobics are people too, often just ignorant, then I think the problem would be solved sooner.

I was homophobic for the first part of my life, probably the first 20 years or so in fact if I'm honest. I'd say a lot of people are like that. I saw the light and I think most others are capable of seeing it too. Let's try and help them along instead of righting them off and in particular using other labels and insults back at them.

Hmmm, actually - he is a homosexual man. As katie said, a ****** is a bunch of sticks... And the term is applied to gay men for about the most deeply insulting and demeaning meaning you could imagine.

In the middle of the last millenium, they used to try and burn to death witches and heretics - but when they thought the individual being subjected to this treatment was especially heinous, it was felt that the purifying effect of the flames was too good for them, it might take a bit of the dirt off their souls, and they should be consigned to judgement spiritually covered in filth. So... To make the flames "dirty" enough to burn them and keep them metaphysically unclean - they would toss a gay man or two into the fire as a source of spiritual contaminent. The term ****** as it is applied to gay men... Equates them to nothing more than "a bunch of sticks" to be used as fuel for the fire. It says they should be killed, killed horribly, and are in fact filthy enough to assit in denying a third party any chance of salvation simply by dying in their company.

Insulting enough for you? And just because there is no way that the imbeciles in the car knew that - does it make it any nicer?

"Hey Homos" - now maybe you could argue that that was simply a description that could be taken as an insult, or taken as merely an impolitely delivered observation - but there is just no damn way you can use the term ******, and have it not be an insult. No more than you could shout nigger at someone from a car and expect them to cop it sweet - because after all, thats what they are.....

I'd wondered why gay blokes were called faggots, I had a mate I used to work with who (when drunk) would say "I'm not a ******, I'm a poofta! a ****** is a bunch of sticks".

This bloke told me one night about some homophobe who called him a ******. My mate beat the crap out of him & as he walked away said "how do you feel? You just got beaten up by a ******". I thought that was pretty funny

He was a good fun bloke to drink with, I wonder if I've still got his number.

With regard to male teachers...

My dad was ( retired ) a primary school teacher initially, but for many years as I was growing up, he used to travel from school to school teaching deaf kids. He was known as "The Itinerant Teacher of The Deaf. After doing that for 15 odd years he went back to regular teaching. Then he moved to Queensland and taught in a special school for disabled and imparied kids...

He had been teaching for over 40 yrs dealing with kids under 10, one day one of the dept cockheads noticed that the kids at the disabled school would allways come up and give him a hug, to them it was "you cant touch the kids " to the kids it was like " we love you your the best teacher " to him it was these kids come from brocken and hard families... a bit of love, respect and encouragement wont hurt them.. "

Can you guese the age of the dept cockhead..... yep... under 30......

Oohh... and kids are no longer deaf..... in fact I dont even think you can call them hearing impaired... WTF :angry:

(we had to go overseas to get married...topic of another rant on another forum)

Just a question, why must you get married? Purely through out time it has been man and women, with vowels to suit. Man has male sex organs and women have female. These fit together and we can create more human beings. We both have different builds that together can work together.

What i am trying to get at is you said it is love just different. Good i can take that you can do your own things and love who you like. But marriage is a instituition for man and women. Has been like that ever since the start of time. But you want us to change this instituition for your special love.

So we are moving forward in times so we must accept everyone for who they are. But clearly a gay marriage is not the same, for example who's last name do you choose. Go ahead and declare your love for each other but keep a sacred institution for what it was created for.

Here's an idea Drew. You marry someone you want to marry who wants to marry you. Brad does the same.

Why must you even care what two other adults do? Will you die if two blokes or two chicks get married? Will the world end if an institution/ritual/custom changes?

Plenty of hetero marriages where the wife chooses to keep her own name rather than take her husband's.

Why does it irk you that a guy you'll possibly never even meet married a bloke you'll probably never meet?

By the way it's vows, not vowels. a,e,i,o and u are vowels.

As another aside- marriage in different cultures is different and carried out with different purpose. It's not one original, unchangeable institution. In some cultures it has been, and still is, acceptable to marry a 12 year old.

Just a question, why must you get married? Purely through out time it has been man and women, with vowels to suit. Man has male sex organs and women have female. These fit together and we can create more human beings. We both have different builds that together can work together.

What i am trying to get at is you said it is love just different. Good i can take that you can do your own things and love who you like. But marriage is a instituition for man and women. Has been like that ever since the start of time. But you want us to change this instituition for your special love.

So we are moving forward in times so we must accept everyone for who they are. But clearly a gay marriage is not the same, for example who's last name do you choose. Go ahead and declare your love for each other but keep a sacred institution for what it was created for.

whats so sacred about "till death do us part" when the divorce rate is so high. open it up for everyone

Statistical fact: the one thing all divorces have in common is marriage.

My wife didn't change her name after marriage. Are we less married? I'm quite certain we are even though we didn't have vowels to suit. We preferred consonants.

Latest posts

Back