• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23 litres, so a bit small for a mash tun.
There's some kind of foam in there, you can see it when you take the tap out.

EDIT: could be alright for single batches with single infusion + batch sparge actually.

Thanks Florian. A bit small for what I'll probably do down the track. Its the bag for me for a while yet.

Wow that looks awesome with the tap on the bottom. The insulation properties seam to be pretty good, we took it out camping and it held ice and water for drinking for days. Any way glad my post was useful.

Cheers

dropped into Aldi today and picked one of these coolers up. They were $29.99 here but I figured I couldnt be bothered looking around anymore and that price was reasonable.

The original tap easily comes off by unscrewing the back nut of it so no modification needed to fit the tap I had. I will put something in the bottom to sit the keg on and put my beer line at the bottom. Will either buy a little charger or drill a hole in the top of it and mount my sodastream bottle and reg to the back of the cooler.

For now here is some photos. Keg is a 9L keg.

Pok

View attachment 52212

View attachment 52213

Just grabbed one for $26 at the Kippax Aldi in Canberra. They still had HEAPS left (at least 12 from what I could see).

I got a BLUE one (yes, colour matters. It has to match the rest of the esky decor) :D

Now to work out the best way of keeping the pluto gun and beer lines cool...

Had one picked up for me from the Tingalpa store yesterday for $25. It was a red one - does that mean it goes faster? :unsure:

Cheers,
tallie

Now to work out the best way of keeping the pluto gun and beer lines cool...

Depending on the length, I'd try wrapping the beer line around the body of the keg to keep it cool and just have a minimal length of line coming out of the cooler.

Cheers,
tallie

Had one picked up for me from the Tingalpa store yesterday for $25. It was a red one - does that mean it goes faster? :unsure:

Cheers,
tallie

YES and you will need to brew more often now.... :rolleyes:

Here is a few photos of my Aldi cooler setup and ready to pour beer.

The front of the cooler, with swing tap.
front.jpg

The rear of the cooler with my reg and gas bottle installed.
gas.jpg

The inside with a keg inside.
inside.jpg

The inside without the keg, the keg sits on the two pieces of timber to lift it off the back of the tap shank and hose.
timber.jpg

Now to give it a whirl over easter while camping.

Cheers, Pok

With new taps from keifer33 and inspiration from pokolbinguy, I now have a classier portable setup:

portable.jpg

Should be able to give it a test run at the next BABBs meeting - can't wait! :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers,
tallie

Back