Afl Finals 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a cats supporter and didnt like what I saw last night. The crows are looking very dangerous so I am glad they are playing the loser of Pies V Saints next week.
Today will show if the cats are the real deal or not :)

So the Cats had a win but they had to work hard for it, The lions came out on top after trailing by about 30, which they seem to be doing a lot of lately.
My head recons on whats been happening it's SAINTS v CROWS final with a 2 goal margin either way, but my heart is with my beloved Queensland LIONS.

There, that's my two bobs worth.

So the Cats had a win but they had to work hard for it, The lions came out on top after trailing by about 30, which they seem to be doing a lot of lately.
My head recons on whats been happening it's SAINTS v CROWS final with a 2 goal margin either way, but my heart is with my beloved Queensland LIONS.

There, that's my two bobs worth.

Called this one early - the cream rises to the top at semi times. Geelong were awesome yesterday and the Saints will show the same today. It'll be a Saints v Cats GF - the others are only there to make up the numbers.

Called this one early - the cream rises to the top at semi times. Geelong were awesome yesterday and the Saints will show the same today. It'll be a Saints v Cats GF - the others are only there to make up the numbers.

Put some mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them!

The Bulldogs showed they were able to compete yesterday, and the Collywobbles came 3rd for a very good reason.

After my beloved Blue Boys exited one week too early (imo), I would be very happy to see a straight set outing by the Pies... and highly likely with the Crows form.

That rest week is crucial and all the better ranked sides have won thus far. Crows are good enough to beat the Pies for sure, I dont think the Lions travel well enough to beat the doggies though...

Saints and Cats fans should be rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a great GF, it will take a mighty effort from the other 4 sides to oust them from a GF berth...

Lions look in all sorts of trouble... why couldnt they play like this vs the blues?! <_<

Reckon Carlton wouldve put up a decent game vs the Dogs.

All over it would seem.

Crows and Pies to go, should be a belter of a game...!

$2.30 is the odds for collingwood to win... Now that's what I call good value!

Pies will need to get a wriggle on at this rate...

As a Carlton man myself, I certainly dont mind seeing the Collywobbles in action like this...

Go Cats next week!

Crows fell asleep after 1st quarter and still just lost...

Fantastic last quarter for excitement and action! Wow...!

Go Cats next week!

Crows fell asleep after 1st quarter and still just lost...

Fantastic last quarter for excitement and action! Wow...!

Saints for me.There is only 2 years between our last flag and theirs

So, I must admit I dont mind seeing the Pies lose like that being a Blues man...

But in saying that the GF should be a belter.

Top 2 sides, minimal injuries for either side, pretty much both full strength.

Tips folks?

Cats for my liking by about 3 goals, I think they deserve another flag for being so good over the last 3 years, then again Saints have dominated this season.

I dont mind, I shall be enjoying good home brews with mates so lets have a close hard hitting game!

My words a fortnight ago

Your response

Put some mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them!

The Bulldogs showed they were able to compete yesterday, and the Collywobbles came 3rd for a very good reason.

:icon_cheers:

The first to admit the Bulldogs have only themselves to blame for losing - kick straighter and they would be playing this week. And Collingwood have no excuses - they were thrashed by a very very good side. Many will say the head says Cats but the heart says Saints, but I reckon the Saints are going to win this Saturday. Please God, its been a long wait since 1966 !

GO THE CATS!

Should be a great game and i feel like partying on grand final day. :icon_drunk:

Dead right you are Fatgodzilla, no Lions now so gotta cheer for someone..........

GO CATS!

Ablett has his Brownlow now, so he won't try on Saturday. Saints by 4 goals.

Bugger all changes to the sides.

The wind, hail and rain forecast should make it an interesting game!

Saints have only lost 2 games this year by a combined 7 points, Cats are peaking at the right time...

I cant wait to get on the beers tomorrow to watch this one...

Back