• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Adl Nasa Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
was just on Port Rd with SWMBO
saw a new nasa burner in stand for $120
on the left coming out of city, near the commonwealth bank and TAB
near the pink/black stripjoint/restaurant
second hand electrical and stoves etc. There's 1 near the door of a little room marked LPG in big black letters
go for it fellas! (and ladies)

Think I'll skip this deal Tangent. With the airfares and whatnot, the Minister for War, Industry, Finance and Education would have something to say about that, though I wouldn't mind a break from SWMBO.

Globe Importers on Magil Road in Adelaide just got a new shipment in. 2 of them are sitting in my shed right at this moment.

There's a gonna be some brewin' toomurru! :D

How much did you pay Doglet, and did it come with the necessary reg?

$220 for the 2 including 2 regulators with braided hoses. I then went across to Maxbuilt and got a T piece so I can run both of them off the same bottle.

Just tested them out for the first time - they do make a bit of noise but nothing like the bloody dog and cocky next door!!

Make sure when you use these that you give them a good hot blast to burn the paint off! Not sure what paint they used and to be perfectly honest I don't know why they are painted anyway?

....off to get some fresh are after inhaling some burnt paint fumes.......

doglet said:
Globe Importers on Magil Road in Adelaide just got a new shipment in. 2 of them are sitting in my shed right at this moment.

There's a gonna be some brewin' toomurru! :D
[post="110848"][/post]​

Cheers for the heads up Doglet! I got one for myself today, and I'm a happy man. Will be brewing tomorrow!

No worries P&K. Take my other advice and give them a blast tonight for about 15 minutes to burn the paint off.....make sure you stay up wind though!!

Anyone know if there is a place in Perth to buy these?

Mmmmm

:beer:

Cheers

Richard

doglet said:
No worries P&K. Take my other advice and give them a blast tonight for about 15 minutes to burn the paint off.....make sure you stay up wind though!!
[post="111343"][/post]​

Yeah, I gave it a test run when I bought it home (well, I wanted to see what it could do!) and I made sure I was upwind- reading that the paint doesn't smell too good when burnt off :blink: Really happy with it though, feels like I'm sitting next to a blast furnace!

Love the sound they make.

I also got a tap that replaces the elbow fitting into the burner. It makes it easier to light the burner and adjust the flame. Apparently when they came into Globe they didn't have one.

What's this tap like? Haven't thought of replacing the elbow, so I didn't ask. How does it make it easier to light/adjust?

Cheers,

Dave

Just ran outside to take a couple of photos:

P2271567.JPGP2271568.JPG

I have the gas bottle as far away from the burners as possible. With the burner taps I can have them off, then turn the bottle tap on, light my BBQ lighter and then turn the burner tap on to light - whooshka!

I also use the regulator to adjust the flame strength.

sounds like a good idea you have there! a lot safer than me lighting mine with a burning piece of cardboard! (well, we ran out of those long matches)

Make sure all you fittings are tight too - obvious I know. I saw a flame jump about a foot on the weekend coz one of mine was juuuusssttt leaking. Never knew I could move so fast!! :ph34r:

Back