Adelaide Brews?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think next time Im on the mainland I will have to re visit the Wheatsheaf. Ive been reading some good reports on this forum, I used to drink the odd beer there 15 -20 years ago and back then I wouldnt have rated it too highly other than the fact it was quiet and had cold beer. I think I am actually looking forward to seeing it in a different light. Thanks for the low down people.
Cheers Greg :)
Will still drive past lovely valley though.

Hi Greg,
I notice you are from KI, is it worth the $$$ for a visit, would have to be a quick one probably jst a day trip. I never managed to get there when I lived in SA.

Hi Greg,
I notice you are from KI, is it worth the $$$ for a visit, would have to be a quick one probably jst a day trip. I never managed to get there when I lived in SA.

There are diffinately some good things to do and see here but like every thing it depends on what you are interested in. The ferry is verry expensive probably $300 return with vehicle and passengers so not really worth comming for a day. Sealink do do day tours from Adelaide and there are about 3-4 different tours checking out everything from wild life to local food, I would check their web site if youre keen. It seems i am now a travel agent I bet sealink dont pay commision but they are the only company.
Cheers Greg

Vehicle and passenger fares for the six of us: $500 return

Day trip fares $1000+

Think I'll stick to the mainland, heck I already live on an island, it's not tha exciting

good waves and fishing in KI. Nice place to visit if time.

Trip up to Lobethal highly recommended. Its my local.

Head down to Goolwa and visit the Steam Exchange, 4 very good beers and usually a couple of oak aged beasts on tap as well.

Not been to the brewboys yet, keep meaning too.

And the Wheatsheaf has the best lineup of beers on tap in SA :icon_chickcheers:

Vehicle and passenger fares for the six of us: $500 return

Day trip fares $1000+

Think I'll stick to the mainland, heck I already live on an island, it's not tha exciting

Dont blame you I havent left for a while surely the prices havent gone up that much though. I do get a discount on the ferry for being a local. Now crops are in have to pour house slab and its to the mainland to check out some beer er, or buy house stuff. :eek:
Greg

Don't forget the King's Head hotel on King William St - has a large majority of the SA micro beers there.

Back