Adding lactic acid.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philired1

Reaction score
I have started using RO water for brewing and using water chemistry. I have been looking through some old post from MHB in regards to lactic acid dosage. Found one which he says .6ml per/kg will lower the ph by 0.1. He was referring to example of 9kg with a ph of 5.7 to 5.2. He says that is a drop of 5 would that not be 0.5.

I have started using RO water for brewing and using water chemistry. I have been looking through some old post from MHB in regards to lactic acid dosage. Found one which he says .6ml per/kg will lower the ph by 0.1. He was referring to example of 9kg with a ph of 5.7 to 5.2. He says that is a drop of 5 would that not be 0.5.
Yeah, 0.5 pH logarithmic units - often referred to as 5 points - which is the terminology he was likely using.

The strength of the acid is important too!

I think that will be part of the post, likely to be 88%, if you have 80% you will need to adjust accordingly.
The drop I was referring to was 5 of 0.1pH drops or 5 times 0.6ml times the mass of grist (9kg).
Mark

Latest posts

Back