Adding cornelius keg posts to a small container

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megabyte

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd like to construct some cleaning apparautus for my keg fridge.

Basically I want to have a jar that I can fill with cleaner or sanitiser, pressurise and connect to my keg fridge to clean out the lines. Essentially I'd like to construct a 1 liter "mini" corny keg.

The troble is attaching the keg posts. Does anyone know of a type of weldless bulkhead fitting for keg posts where I can just drill holes in a jar lid and somehow attach corny keg posts to it?

Everything I've searched for comes up with things like this: http://www.cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=750180&showprevnext=1

But I want to be able to connect beer and gas likes to it.

Keg king sell corny posts with a weldless bulkhead fitting so you can do exactly what your talking about.

But why don't you do what a lot of us have done and use a garden sprayer with a corny fitting screwed onto the end. Then you just connect your line to the post, pressurise the sprayer and let it squirt PBW etc through your lines.

Do a search on here, there are a few threads about it.

I built a cleaning bottle using pressure PVC pipe, some end caps and corny posts. The corny posts i got from keg king. I also added a pressure relief valve so i didnt create a bomb.

It holds around 2 litres of solution if full. It slowly leaks gas but as i only use it quickly for cleaning im not too concerned.

I dont have any pictures on me but can send some when i get home from work.

Back