A Newbie on board

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzielee303

Reaction score
Hi All
Just bought a Coopers Home Brew kit,have not made the Lager yet,just trolling the forums and other sites for info on the kit can beers and how to improve them.
Have to wait until I go into town(the local supermarket don't have much homebrewing items,pretty limited)to get some Light Dry Malt and other thing,if they still have them.

Live in Far East Gippsland,in Victoria,a bloody beautiful place to be,I think.
Hope to make some good friends. :D

Cheers :chug:

ozzielee303

check some of the retailers listed above and in the retail section of this forum..majority will post what you need..and welcome to AHB..

Checkout the Yarragon Alehouse, if you ever drive past. They have some homebrew stuff and a great range of beer.
Otherwise the site sponsors deliver :)

Welcome.

DU99 said:
check some of the retailers listed above and in the retail section of this forum..majority will post what you need..and welcome to AHB..
DU99,will do,thanks ;)

surly said:
Checkout the Yarragon Alehouse, if you ever drive past. They have some homebrew stuff and a great range of beer.
Otherwise the site sponsors deliver :)

Welcome.
Surly
Thanks for the lead mate,cheers :party:

How far east are you? There's the bullant brewery in Bruthen. I've not done it myself but if you get friendly with the guys there you might find some nice yeast they could part with.

colon apostrophe:' said:
How far east are you? There's the bullant brewery in Bruthen. I've not done it myself but if you get friendly with the guys there you might find some nice yeast they could part with.
Hi
An hour and a half away from Bruthen,further East,Bemm River.

That's a nice part of the world. Don't get to travel out there enough. Have a good brew!

How far from Sale are you? There is a home brew shop there, which is ok AFAIK.

Mate I got the same problem! Live 3hrs from what you would call a small homebrew supplies shop.

Biggest tip is to look around on AHB for some Recipes get a list and Stock up!

Usually I get funny looks from the shop assistants when I walk in and buy 10 cans of extract and stupid amounts of malt!

One thing I wish id done earlier is washing and reusing yeast..... Pretty hard to come by out in the sticks and saves a lot of time and money buying dehydrated specialty yeasts

Have fun with it mate.

Great part of the country, used to get down that way with the dirt bike.. not so much any more :( <_<

Anyway.. get amongst it mate.. good times :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back