9l Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haydo

Reaction score
Has anybody got any of these kegs or dealt with these guys? Seems like a good deal if they are up to the task.

clicky

They've come down in price, I'm sure they used to be about $157.

I haven't dealt with them directly but I believe they're reputable

yep, i got one of those kegs from those guys a while back. turned up packed well & with no probs. very nice & brand new.

and I got it for the same price i think way back then. the price did jump up for a bit but nice to see them back to semi-reasonable.

Jez

I have bought bits & pieces from these guys in the past with no problems.

I also have the exact same keg. I'm pretty happy with it. I think I paid around $140.

Yep, I've got a couple of em. I got them when they were $157 though :( Top stuff anyway. The bloke who runs the place is nice and helpful too.

I got one last year from them, was a happy customer.

Cheers,
Greg

Hey that is a better price. I got my initial kegging gear from them and was pretty happy with it. Decent price, reasonably quick delivery.
The only downside is contact/advice etc - no email or phone number and no shopfront, just an online enquiry form IIRC.

Hey that is a better price. I got my initial kegging gear from them and was pretty happy with it. Decent price, reasonably quick delivery.
The only downside is contact/advice etc - no email or phone number and no shopfront, just an online enquiry form IIRC.

Yeah I thought that was a bummer too. Well, it is, but I used the online form and the bloke rang me not long afterwards.

Is there any difference between these 9L kegs and the Cornelius branded 9L kegs, other than price?

Is there any difference between these 9L kegs and the Cornelius branded 9L kegs, other than price?

Only in size I think? Do they have a larger diameter than 9L Cornys? I know they are wider than a standard 5gal Corny.

Only in size I think? Do they have a larger diameter than 9L Cornys? I know they are wider than a standard 5gal Corny.
I'm sure I read there was some difference, maybe that's it then.
I've got a couple of 12L corny's and I'm sure they are the same diameter as the 19L corny.

Yep, bought a new 9L off them for $125 a few weeks back. Arrived pretty quickly. Not much more to say really as it's brand new.

When they were $157 - I ended up opting for a 12L brew brat keg which was $169 delivered

I'd love a 9L too - but I think I'd be stretching the relationship with SWMBO if I added to the 6 x 19L + 1 x 12L

The 12L is good - fits straight into my esky and will slide into most fridges with a little rearrangement and those 3 extra litres sure come in handy :)

But if I were in the market for a party keg I wouldn't blink before buying the 9L for $125

Cheers

My original keg kit came from those guys, they were fine to deal with. Price was good, delivery was fast and cheap, all the gear arrived as advertised with one caveat

the kegs hadnt been washed out too well, but they had new seals. wasnt an issue, but their idea of "reconditioned" stretches the word a bit :p Oh well. Not an issue on new kegs anyway.

I'd buy from them again. Certainly one of those 9L beasties is very tempting at that price

I dont have a cornelius 9L to compare it too (but I do have some 18L ones) but in the 9L one from kegs online the dip tube goes straight down, and the bottom dome of the keg dips down on the side under the dip tube to make it the lowest part of the vessel.

All my 18L kegs have diptubes that bend into the centre with a plain dome bottom.

Latest posts

Back