9 X 18litre Postmix Pin Lock Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a 'pin-locker'
I went this way for the same reason.
Got the kegs cheap and just converted over to pins all round.
Better conection IMO !

:beerbang:
To the pin-lockers !

What happen to the " grab a couple of T pieces, and pin lock connects and have both hanging off the end of the lines and a butt load of kegs" option???

Thanks Linz.... Thats similar to what Ill be doing.

This is a new experience for me so I'm learning as I go.

The main objective is to keep the beer line attached to the end of the gun or tap without having to dismantle that end. If I buy 2 pairs of disconnects then I can do both. But Ill stick with just doing the one beer line for time being.

I want to be able to switch between systems fast and easily, so Im taking Justins advice, so that when I change over from a ball lock to a pin lock keg, all I have to do is just unscrew the ball lock disconnect and screw on a pin lock disconnect. Im already using T pieces, and Ive just bought a pair of pin lock disconnects, so Im almost there.

Your suggestion is the other option, where I would need two systems, but have only one working systematically, using my14 kegs. Its not a bad option, but Id need to create a system where I would line up the kegs in post lock order waiting to be used (eg. 9 pin lock kegs, then followed by 5 ball lock kegs). If I did it this way I wouldnt need to switch over to regularly. Id imagine that I would need to have a good supply of new clamps every time I switched over.

Back