$74 Crown Ambassador 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
I had a call from someone today saying they had 6 bottles of Crown Ambassador 2010 delivered to them by mistake (he'd ordered Canadian Crown).

These were retailing at $90 / bottle, but he's happy to flog them at $75, although if there are no takers by Wednesday he'll send them back to the supplier.

You may remember some hullabaloo over the whole bret infection that Willie Simpson brought up.

I've no idea if there are many bottles of this still around, but anyway...

PM me for details and if you're too far away to collect them - Sunshine Coast - I'll can probably deliver to Brissy CBD.

EDIT: God knows why i put $74 as the price in the title it's $75 of course... what a clot!

I googled crown ambassador because a beer that cost $90 a pop really piqued my interest.
I had no idea that a beer made by crown lager could sell for so much, what does it tastes like? Its says its made with crystal grain and galaxy hops on the website. I like galaxy hops, i just can't imagine crown lager making a beer that tastes so good that its worth $90. However i also cringe when i have to buy a $5 beer at the pub, so maybe i'm biased. :p

Also i googled canandian crown but i couldn't find a beer, did you order canadian crown whiskey?

I googled crown ambassador because a beer that cost $90 a pop really piqued my interest.
I had no idea that a beer made by crown lager could sell for so much, what does it tastes like? Its says its made with crystal grain and galaxy hops on the website. I like galaxy hops, i just can't imagine crown lager making a beer that tastes so good that its worth $90. However i also cringe when i have to buy a $5 beer at the pub, so maybe i'm biased. :p

Also i googled canandian crown but i couldn't find a beer, did you order canadian crown whiskey?

I haven't actually tried it myself ... but read a fair bit about it.

Yes, whisky was ordered, but it wasn't me that ordered it, but a bottle shop manager :rolleyes:

Crown Lager is one of my favourite beers. Cheap at twice the price! :D

do you know how much beer i can make for $75 :)

That will buy me a lot of glalxy and crystal malt.

do you know how much beer i can buy at $75, this will buy me alot of crystal and galaxy flavoured beer!

Is this like paying $90k for a dressed up falcodore?

I've had one of the previous year's versions, 09 I think. Make no mistake this is not a scaled up Crown but a very good beer in its own right. Mind you my wife picked it up at 40 or so a while back. A big malty delicious beer.I wouldn't pay 75, but I'm glad I tried one...

Latest posts

Back