• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

600l Brewery Gear For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'see CAMRA has a historic and traditional English thing to protect with their actions. The opposite is true in Aus. There is no small business economy to protect, and reducing excise in the current temperance-rich political environment will lose votes hand over fist. It's a minefield. atm, I'm just happy to watch it blow over and enjoy my zero excise beer brewed at home.

Hear hear....

Great read guys and it has cured my hangover.
I love beer and would love to be a brewer - but I just cant see any micros out there paying me 70+G a year and letting me work a 35hr week.

TB I couldn't agree more. Though I have to work 42 Hour week rotating shifts to feed the folks and enjoy brewing.

The bottom line is if you intend to start a brewery, get ready to get your hands dirty.
The work load is immense and your drinking time would be shortened :lol:

There was a spreadsheet around that showed the costs involved in getting a micro running. It's on the forum somewhere. I have it but not on this computer.

I ran the numbers and it worked out that for a 600L setup you needed to brew 5 days a week and sell all of it (the selling bit much harder than the brewing).

It would provide a basic wage for one person. ($38K p.a) However, I could not see how one person to do all that work (mash, brew, bottle and sell).

In short it would not provide enough return for me the pay the current mortgage. So no little micro for me.

However, after I retire a small income would not be that bad. Extra money to buy toys. So there may be a micro in there yet but not for another 20 years.

BOG

Also, on the binge drinking subject.

Teenages can brew at home now. Nothing in the law to stop them. Beer kits are not limited to over 18's so they could binge away on home brew already but they don't. The arguement that more micros would have more youth drinking is nonsense.... have have you seen how much micros need to charge to survive. The kids won't pay that sort of money.

Just out of curiosity anyone know where this is now? In moth balls or production? or maybe a very thirsty home brewer has it in his shed!

Latest posts

Back