4% Yellow Soda Water! My first BIAB experience.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make an historical saison (eg low alc - 2.5 - 5%abv). Mash low and you should be able to hit similar numbers as you do with dry enzyme and it's a lot more pleasant than super dry shite.

3711 is the yeast you want for that. Could also do a few belgian pales and belgian table beers around 3-4 % that ferment low if you mash them right. Try 62 degree mash, all belgian pils, noble hop to 25-30 IBU with 1388.

Get more flavour in there with some decoctions when you have done a few and are more confident.

I wonder if getting into funky beers, brettanomyces and such, might be more flavourful way to lower the carbs than using dry enzyme. Something to experiment with anyway.

felten said:
I wonder if getting into funky beers, brettanomyces and such, might be more flavourful way to lower the carbs than using dry enzyme. Something to experiment with anyway.
Low carb beers are quaffers. Who wants to drink 6 pints of beer that smells like a wet goat?

Back