2nd Ag-- Whats With Safale Us-05?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used us-05 a number of times, a nice clean yeast, gives a crisp finish.

for the purpose of dropping bright, yes, colder is better.

as low as 0C is good.

-2 is not. <_<

Scored a free fridge and who would have thought it was good enough to freeze a fermenter full of beer......

bostons ginger pilsner come eisbock......??? :ph34r:

Yeah as others have mentioned, chill as low as you can go.

Before my chest freezer died, I brightened my ales at 1C.
Since then, I've been forced to use the little bar fridge which will only drop it to about 4C. This is fine for me - it happens to match my serving temperature! :)

Another reason to crash chill in the fermenter, especially if you're kegging, is that the lower the temperature of the liquid, the easier the CO is absorbed into the liquid = less CO usage.

Thanks Dr Smurto for the recipe...........

mmmmmmmmmm JSGA, love the stuff

alls looking real good for my 2nd AG

crash chilling at 0c as we speak

i guess that 5.5% ABV she shouldn't freeze at 0c....

PA243177.JPG

by the way have ya seen my fermenting fridge ( she gets down to approx -5c with a tempmate ) if needed

....hate to gloat :p

jeddog

as low as 0C is good.

-2 is not. <_<

Scored a free fridge and who would have thought it was good enough to freeze a fermenter full of beer......

bostons ginger pilsner come eisbock......??? :ph34r:
Thats what ya get for brewing low alc. :lol:
Happens to me semi regularly....I have a cold spot in my fridge I sometimes forget about...Just let it come up slowly, it should all be good. One of the best beers I made was froxen damn near solid....and that was back when I bottled. :p I was amazed that there was actually enough yeast viability to carb it.

:icon_offtopic:

Will be bottling the extras as i ended up with 24L instead of 19L...... <_<

Its defrosted now. Kegging/bottling it tonight in time for the cricket. :icon_chickcheers:

Back