26˚c To Hot?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methane, eth, prop, but, pent, hex, hept, octane. You can apply the same prefix to the alcohols as to the alkanes. It's the amount of carbons, or the length of the molecule. Methanol, ethanol, butanol...

yeah, go on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusel_alcohol

At warmer ferment temps, propanol and butanol are made in higher amounts. In most beer styles, these shouldn't be there in high levels.

So you're getting your yeast to make 3 and 4 carbon alcohols instead of our favourite one, with 2.

They are quite possibly a contributing factor to the K&K twang.

Yes I know all that. What I still don't get is the comparison with petrol and LPG.

Yes I know all that. What I still don't get is the comparison with petrol and LPG.

Butane vs octane.

Ethanol vs butanol.

Longer chains. I used two familiar alkanes to illustrate the point of the carbon chains and that the prefix of these words means #carbons, for those people whose dicks were getting in the way of their educations.

Ahh I see now. How very cryptic.

Do you think you could tell the difference between petrol and ethanol by pouring them on your dick?

:ph34r: Hey Dan Dan, ya gotta be carefull with these fridges that fall of the back of trucks, mate :icon_drunk:

Butane, octane, Ethanol, LPG, chains, dicks, tits, ass, girls, school and even OH&S!

I just want to keep my beer cold.....but cheers for the ideas and entertainment.

Latest posts

Back