250 Bars World Record

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Read an article on the way home last night..

Thirsty 13

only works out to be about 20 schooners over a 24hr period... pansies

I reckon we could easily do em :D ...

Even a Cadbury like me could do that but dunno about the logistics of 250 bars :blink:

Farkernell youd be waiting ages for a drink! youd be drinking water because you'd be sweating trying to make it to every bar! ghay.

I believe Ross & Dave Clarke from babbs did that on a daily basis in New York some 2 years ago, I believe Dave has this & the beers they consumed documented..

Cheers

Paul

According to the rules, one member of the team must drink at least a half pint in each establishment. Wearing World Record In Progress t-shirts, this heavy-drinking crew made light work of the task, documenting their booze cruise on camera to verify each drink they bought.

"Thirsty 13" assuming there were 13 of them = 19.23 pot each over 24 hours or less then one (.8) pot an hour that doesn't sound that hard really. hardest part would be not trying to die of boredom.

The drinking itself is hardly a large number. They might as well done a record to see how many different cake stores they could visit in 24 hours.

Based on what I've seen on the Sydney pub crawl, as long as we could find 250+ pubs within a confined area (to cut down logistics) we could easily outdo this lot.

as long as we could find 250+ pubs within a confined area (to cut down logistics) we could easily outdo this lot.

this was my thought exactly, ive been tinkering with a route, it doesnt have to be all pubs either, it could include cafe's and such en route and as long as you can average 10 min between cracking one to the next it's easily do-able..

the amount they drank is laughable at best... and half of it was probably 3.5%

0.jpg

To really crank up the pace you pub crawl "madison style" (as in cycling) at each stop/venue you hit the first in line goes in and has a beer while the rest continue to the next venue. Once you finish your beer you join the end of the maddison line and work your way to the front until its your turn to go again, and so on and so forth.... I'd be pretty sure you'd smash the record to pieces.

Disclaimer: I will take credit for inventing the "Pub Crawl Madison" but I will not be held responsible for what happens to those who partake in the practice. More fool you for getting involved in one I say, as I couldn't see it lasting 24 hours doing it this way.

Back