210 Litre Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been in the market for a chest freezer to mount a font on top of for a few months now, and one that looks suitable has just come up on ebay. I am just a bit concerned that it may not be big enough. I would LOVE to be able to fit 3 Corny's in there without installing a collar.

How many others out there have a 210 litre chesty? Should I take a punt that this one will be big enough?

The bloke hasnt posted any specs, and i have considered asking, but the right info is complicated to ask about, ie, I would need internal specs, which account for the compressor hump, and its a headache to work out what internal floorspace next to the hump would even fit 3 corny's.

I dont suppose I would be lucky enough to find someone else using a Westinghouse 210 Litre Chest Freezer, Model #FD210G?

THe product specs are no longer available, but the new Westinghouse 210 litre freezer lists specs:

Height: 900, Width: 557, Depth: 617

Can anyone help?

Freezer linky:

Ebay freezer

Hi all,

I have been in the market for a chest freezer to mount a font on top of for a few months now, and one that looks suitable has just come up on ebay. I am just a bit concerned that it may not be big enough. I would LOVE to be able to fit 3 Corny's in there without installing a collar.

How many others out there have a 210 litre chesty? Should I take a punt that this one will be big enough?

The bloke hasnt posted any specs, and i have considered asking, but the right info is complicated to ask about, ie, I would need internal specs, which account for the compressor hump, and its a headache to work out what internal floorspace next to the hump would even fit 3 corny's.

I dont suppose I would be lucky enough to find someone else using a Westinghouse 210 Litre Chest Freezer, Model #FD210G?

THe product specs are no longer available, but the new Westinghouse 210 litre freezer lists specs:

Can anyone help?

Freezer linky:

Ebay freezer

I just picked up a 310 recently and it looks like I can easily get 6 in there without a problem, so I can't see why you won't get at least 3 in a 210 - probaly go close to 4 without too much trouble.

I am sure there are plenty of ppl on here who use similar size freezers, maybe try a search.

Cheers,

Brendo

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Freezer linky:

Ebay freezer

I would ask the seller for the internal specs and a picture of the inside. However if you're worried, given that its pickup only, why not ask can you rock up to see if it will fit the kegs, just bring one keg and do some simple math.

hope this helps

Aaron

check out this thread... similar size freezer, appears 4 shouldn't be a problem.

[topic="0"]http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28956[/topic]

Brendo

Just to put it into perspective, there's 2 different types of F&P's that are 215L.

One (the one I have) is more square, and only fits 3 kegs on the floor, but can fit 3 kegs + my co2 canister.

The other 'slimline' one is wider and can fit 4 on the floor apparently.

I would think you should be able to get 3 in any 210L pretty easily. You'll want more space than that though!

I have the slimmer F&P (215L) and indeed it fits 4 on the floor and room for a "slim" C02 cylinder if I had one plus whatever I can sit on the compressor hump. Collar would make t five kegs plus a bit of other stuff - I too imagine that pretty much any 210L would fit three without issue.. perhaps

Cheers for all the replies guys, exactly the info I was after (especially Robbos PM!)

Jeremy.

Ive got a 200L Kelinator freezer and it fits 3 kegs on the bottom but only just.

It still leaves the space over the hump for bottles and 9L kegs if you have them.

Can anyone help?

Freezer linky:

Ebay freezer

Kegs are 215mm diameter, so looks like an easy fit for 4 unless there is a compressor hump to deal with.

cheers Ross

Wow, from all of the feedback it was sounding like it would fit 3 easy, but I have done a bit of sketching up from the internal dimensions Robbo provided me, which were straight from the horses mouth, and it looks like a pretty tight squeeze! If my Cornies are 215, rather than 210, they might not fit at all.

Cant work out where i might have gone wrong, praps the compressor hump is unusually big??

Might take a punt on it anyway.

freezer.jpg

Wow, from all of the feedback it was sounding like it would fit 3 easy, but I have done a bit of sketching up from the internal dimensions Robbo provided me, which were straight from the horses mouth, and it looks like a pretty tight squeeze! If my Cornies are 215, rather than 210, they might not fit at all.

Cant work out where i might have gone wrong, praps the compressor hump is unusually big??

Might take a punt on it anyway.

no harm in seeing if you can drop over and check it out... as an earlier post suggested, take a keg along with you and check it out.

no harm in seeing if you can drop over and check it out... as an earlier post suggested, take a keg along with you and check it out.

Yeah, cheers for the suggestion, just thought it might be a bit wierd given that I would need to take a look before I even bid, and I dont know that I will get a chance to.

Further to the post above, given the internal dimensions of 600x750x500, and the hump dimensions of 200x250x500, it wouldnt be 210 litres, it would be 200. Praps the measurements were wrong?

ie:

60 x 75 x 50 = 225
20 x 25 x 50 = 25
225 - 25 = 200L

Yeah, cheers for the suggestion, just thought it might be a bit wierd given that I would need to take a look before I even bid, and I dont know that I will get a chance to.

I do it all the time if its in my local area(bugger buying something that isnt right), I also ask alot of questions about gear also...

Would you rather just buy it and then realise its not right? I havnt bought stuff ive looked at first as it wasnt what I wanted, especially fridge/freezers, I just take my 4 round 215mm templates around and see how they fit..

CB

I do it all the time if its in my local area(bugger buying something that isnt right), I also ask alot of questions about gear also...

Would you rather just buy it and then realise its not right? I havnt bought stuff ive looked at first as it wasnt what I wanted, especially fridge/freezers, I just take my 4 round 215mm templates around and see how they fit..

CB

+1 not worth the risk if you can't be sureit is what you after...

Righto fellas, you may have convinced me. I am just sooo laaaaazzzzzzyyyyy....

jeremy, those mockups you've done look about right. In my one I have two kegs against the left wall, and one between them, making the triangle.

Latest posts

Back