1st Brew Advice....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on the 1st brew i did guys (the lager). When in was taking the lid off the fermenter to tip it down the sink, i had a whiff inside the thing. Bloody nearly well burnt my nose hairs out, similar to sniffing a bucket of diluted hydrochloric acid!

Would this be because the yeast had died and fermentation had stopped at the wrong time, or something else?

The good news is however, i have a Pale Ale sitting nicely at 18-20C....hopefully it turns out good :chug:

rodderz
as long as you are good with your sanisation, with those temps the pale should come out a treat.

once you get a few good brews under your belt, you are on the slippery slope to all grain.

cheers
roach

Good day
When I first started brewing I opened the fermented and took a deep sniff. I expected a rich beer aroma. What I got was two daggers of pain up the nose from the carbon dioxide. Taste the beer before you do anyhting drastic. If it tastes good , it is good.
All the best, Barry.

Latest posts

Back