1st Biab In A Couple Of Weeks, Just Getting Stuff Ready

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notice the wet spot on the BBQ near the burner taps? cant complain though.... i got them for the right price HEHEHE.... mite have to shop elsewhere.

Where is the liquid coming from? Did you put teflon tape on both sides of the gate valve?

Where is the liquid coming from? Did you put teflon tape on both sides of the gate valve?

yeah tonnes of tape, the liquid is coming from the tap on the gate valve. it was just a cheap tap anyway i think i will get a decent unit instead when i have the money.... :angry:

well just a quick update... got the new ball-valve and pickup tube. filled and heated to boiling. NO LEAKS!!! YEEHAR!!!

A health hiccup in the family has made me stop operations for a little bit (dont be worried, after what i went through last year, this is nothing... but i would look like an ASSH*LE if i was to go on my way and start AG'ing)

Thinking of sticking a couple of electric elements and a mashmaster in in now instead of relying on gas for mashing/boiling. Cant think of the users name but the idea came from a post that was on here a week or so ago. So i mite be off to Big W 2morrow morn and start looking at some kettles......

As for the grain, hops and yeasties: they were ordered a couple of weeks back and are now in my hot little hands.

just thought i'd give u guys an update on whats going on just incase you thought i'd abandoned this thread.

Latest posts

Back