Zwickel In Fremantle Tomorrow - Fri 29th Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PistolPatch

Reaction score
Excuse the late notice but have only just got off the phone to Zwickel. Am meeting Zwickel and Mrs Zwickel for a few beers at the Sail and Anchor tomorrow at 4pm. Will meet at the corner bar and I'll be wearing jeans and a khaki shirt (in this heat?)

If you want to come along but can't make it by 4pm, PM me and I'll give you my mobile so you'll be able to find us.

Spot you then,
Pat

Excuse the late notice but have only just got off the phone to Zwickel. Am meeting Zwickel and Mrs Zwickel for a few beers at the Sail and Anchor tomorrow at 4pm. Will meet at the corner bar and I'll be wearing jeans and a khaki shirt (in this heat?)

If you want to come along but can't make it by 4pm, PM me and I'll give you my mobile so you'll be able to find us.

Spot you then,
Pat
Thanks Pat,

Ill be there in time, youll recognize me immediately, Ill be dressed like a bloody German tourist, a camera hanging around the neck with the lens covered by a stubbyholder *lol.....and every few minutes shouting "Prost" with a new glass of beer ;)

looking forwarde to see a bunch of homebrewers tomorrow at S&A

Cheers mates :icon_cheers:

Thanks Pat,

Ill be there in time, youll recognize me immediately, Ill be dressed like a bloody German tourist, a camera hanging around the neck with the lens covered by a stubbyholder *lol.....and every few minutes shouting "Prost" with a new glass of beer ;)

looking forwarde to see a bunch of homebrewers tomorrow at S&A

Cheers mates :icon_cheers:
I will be there.I will just look for the Germans with the great sun tan complaining its not hot enough. :D
Prost GB

I will be there.I will just look for the Germans with the great sun tan complaining its not hot enough. :D
Prost GB
Thats nice Neville, you wont believe it, but its the first time today that my wife said its hot enough for her.
Today it was bloody 39C, just comfortable for us ;)

see you tomorrow then...

:beerbang:

I'll be there, I'm sure I'll manage to work out who is who.

LOL! Looks like three more "K's","might be able to make it as well - Katie, Kenny the Plumber and Kook with a little luck.

I'm off to work now so if anyone sees this thread today and needs a contact number, maybe PM one or two of the above and grab theirs so you can find us if we move.

See you this arvo,
Pat :icon_cheers:

I'd love to come down to Freo and catch up with Mr and Mrs Zwickle again (and of course the other illustrious AHB members), but I have a previous engagement with a mate to knock off early and have a few in town. If I can convince him to change the venue to the S&A we will grab the train down.

I should be able to pop in for a quick pint :icon_cheers: .
Would be great to meet our legendary German brewer :) .
Cheers
Doug

And what a great arvo/evening/night that was! Shame we only kicked on for about 8 hours :eek:

Zwickel is a truly top bloke - an absolute pleasure to meet him. I think he is actually a reincarnated Australian. I mean how Australian is it to have a stubby holder as your camera lens cover? And he has the perfect wife too - doesn't like shopping and enjoys chatting with us brewers!

Zwickel, I bet you never thought you'd get to meet Kenny the Plumber or have a fully bearded bloke come up to you at the pub and try to sell you a razor (only in Fremantle :rolleyes:) when you arrived here. We think you should both get away from the minus 25 degree temperatures and move here permanently!

Hope the trip home is going well and I'll really look forward to catching up on your next visit.

All the best,
Pat

P.S. I reckon you would have beaten me home GB. I had to walk - agh! Oh and please explain why we sat for an hour with two guys that only spoke Japanese. I know you must have had some reason :unsure: And Doogie thanks a heap for the lift mate. Wish you'd been there at midnight though!

Thanks Pat and to all the other Homebrewers we met.
This was a great evening at Sail & Anchor in Fremantle.

Finally we got in trouble to get our car out of the car park. Because it was late already the car park had closed and weve left our room key and other things inside the car, so we couldnt reach. Anyway the way back to our room was about 15km, so there was no chance to get there without a car *sweating

Fortunately there was written a phone-number that I called and finally we got the car by paying 30 Dollars extra fee...puuuhhhh

Here some photos we did:

guess who is who:

3408.JPG

3417.JPG

it was pure fun :party:

btw, Pat, your homebrew tasted absolutely great, thanks again for the brew, beautiful arome and perfect carbonated, a pure pleasure.

Hi Zwickel and Mrs Z
Was a great night.Good bunch of people to drink with.I really enjoyed your visits and we must do it again some time. :party: I hope you have a new beer fermenting ? I will do another pilsner tomorrow (Friday).Next time you visit I will remember to brew much more pilsner. :icon_cheers:
Cheers GB

....Next time you visit I will remember to brew much more pilsner. :icon_cheers:
Cheers GB
Hi Neville,

I hope you wont say that your Pilsener hasnt been enough because of my visit ;)

Was a great drop indeed, you have to brew again, maybe with a little more bitterness, so it will become a real North German Pilsener.
Ive tried many so called Pilseners from microbreweries, but they didnt compare to yours.
Unfortunately many of the microbreweries have opening times from early morning til around 5 or 6 in the afternoon.
But 5 or 6 in the afternoon ist just the time when I used to get my first beer. So often I didnt had the chance to try theire beers, they were closed already.
So happened in Margaret River...what a pity.

Finally I gotta say, I love Australia very much, Id wish to live there, but we have a better Pub-System in Germany :p

Cheers mates :beer:

Back