Sparkling Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingPython

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing a re-intepretation of this style and so far could only find this:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php...e_Sparkling_Ale

"A style of ale from Adelaide, Australia. This beer is heavily sedimented and cloudy, and the lively secondary fermentation in the bottle gives it an almost aggressively rough carbonation and fruitiness. It is sharp, sherbety, and exploding with flavors. Because of the dosage needed to start the secondary fermentation, these were sometimes known as "sugar" beers. Outside Australia, there is nothing quite like the robust sparkling ales of Adelaide." by Tim Dawson, [email protected]

I dislike POR so I think Galaxy would be better instead. It's basically a Golden Ale with higher carbonation isn't it?

Yep, yeast is important... throws pear and banana esters, and yeast suspended in the beer gives a bready character.

Good thing is... the yeast is available in the bottom of Coopers beers (inc. Sparkling Ale), try it before you brew it!

I dislike POR so I think Galaxy would be better instead. It's basically a Golden Ale with higher carbonation isn't it?

Whats wrong with POR.....and what makes Galaxy better...?

If used correctly, it is a damn good hop.....just dont over do it...

Many agreements there Ducatiboy. While I'm not a hgue fan of POR, it does have its uses, only it's important to not overdo it- that's when it tastes off.

I already have Galaxy on hand, though if I can get POR cheap then I'll use it.

Back