Public Talk On Beer And Space

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In space, no one can hear you burp.......

I'd love to come along, just for the sheer geek factor of brewing and astrophysics talking together! I'll have to check and see if I can make it though.

Speaking of brewing in space, NASA actually experimented with fermentation & carbonation in zero-gravity on the space shuttle (doesn't say which one) in August 2001:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast21sep_1.htm
A more efficient fermentation process, even by a small percentage, could potentially save millions of dollars in production costs.
Sure, cos it's cheap to send hectolitres of wort into space to ferment more efficiently! :p

Tim.

Next monday???.....Cant wait, should be fun...

How'd the talk go Berapnopod? Anyone manage to record it for the benefit of those who couldn't make it? :)
Tim.

How'd the talk go Berapnopod? Anyone manage to record it for the benefit of those who couldn't make it? :)
Tim.

I think it went well. At least I didn't stuff up or choke :blink:

Someone recorded it for me onto DVD format. But I don't know how to get it into an internet-friendly format.
If theres a tech whizz out there that can do this, let me know.

Berp.

Tim.

I think it went well. At least I didn't stuff up or choke :blink:

Someone recorded it for me onto DVD format. But I don't know how to get it into an internet-friendly format.
If theres a tech whizz out there that can do this, let me know.

Berp.

I can do it if you really want your mug out there on public display :) Converting it to a divx avi and putting it into a torrent file would probably be the most appropriate way.

...and a bonus DVD with the NSW Xmas case.

If you can get a copy, on DVD, to me, I'll happily supply 28 blanks and copy them.

Beers
Seth out :p

bump.

Berp, did U get the file Bit-Torrentable?
Am keen to see the whole show.

Seth :p

I'm doing it, as soon as i have the DVD in the post i'm going to convert it and pop it up on a tracker. Hopefully a couple of you can seed the file so i can turn my PC off :lol:

thanks DJR,

A scholar and a gentleman-brewer.
Let us know when, and I'll be happy to seed.

Seth

Back