Label Designer Needed!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myles_3000

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am more than capable of pushing the power button and turning the computer on...But i am far from grasping the skills needed to make a logo.

I need two logos made up, one of which i already have the artwork for but just need the name of the beer added to it, and have it sized to a oval label shape.

And the second logo will need a little bit of work, but i have the basic idea of what i want and a picture to start with.

I would be very appreciative if anyone here could help me out with doing the technical work of it, and ofcourse i am more than happy to pay $$ for the work done.

....Or even if someone can recommend a person that does this type of thing.

Many thanks.
Milo

ill have achat to my brother and see if he is interested

I managed to get it sorted out. So i should have an avatar and some nice looking beer bottles very shortly!

It does involve a duck, a black duck actually....
And if the design is good enough i will remunerate the artist with a keg....errr i mean...half a keg of said beer!
haha

Hm turns out im not okay! I have my logo designed....But its in word... :huh: Really need some help from someone who knows what they are doing to make this a file i can give to a printer.... Still happy to pay and will really appreciate the help.
Cheers

Franko designed my label and a lot of other member's labels. He's a good bloke to go to.

Hm turns out im not okay! I have my logo designed....But its in word... :huh: Really need some help from someone who knows what they are doing to make this a file i can give to a printer.... Still happy to pay and will really appreciate the help.
Cheers

cant you print to PDF?

Problem with it being in word is most likely going to be the resolution most printers require their brief to be in a very high res format which word is not. You may have to ask who ever did it to give it to you in a hi res format if you are going to send it to professional printers.

Yeah, that's a factor. I use cutepdf to make my club's newsletter, and there's a noticeable low-res aspect to the transfer.

Yeah, that's a factor. I use cutepdf to make my club's newsletter, and there's a noticeable low-res aspect to the transfer.
Yeah unfortunately the resolution on Word is just to cover basic images for a document. Depending on the label design he may not lose too much detail to the eye but most printers will want the creative provided in either a PDF, TIFF, JPG, or EPS file with a minimum resolution of 300dpi.

Hmm. So you need to either annoy the person who gave you the file to do it in a real image editing program, or contact someone like Franko.

Yeah i figured word wouldnt be high enough resolution, but atleast i have got an idea of what i want now, and ive had a member contact me to have a look at it, so will see how we go.

Yeah i figured word wouldnt be high enough resolution, but atleast i have got an idea of what i want now, and ive had a member contact me to have a look at it, so will see how we go.

if you still have trouble let me know... most things can be converted from one form to another... with enough exasperation ;)

Back