Hey everyone, tried to homebrew before without success

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wbosher said:
You get so many people (myself included) who get into the with sole intent of making cheap beer and saving money. All I have to say about that is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yeah right. :lol:
Agreed. I sold to it the wife on that basis. I jumped directly into kegging and did up a spreadsheet for her that forecasted when the savings on beer purchases would recoup the initial outlay....

then I bought some more kegs

then i needed more taps and a bigger chesty

then I started BIAB and bought a BIRKO urn

now i'm spending my days dreaming about the word 'Braumeister' but I'll need to build a shed for that.

Long story short, I've stopped maintaining the spreadsheet. :chug:

Welcome. I've had similar periods of non brewing due to problems.

Can i ask what was so bad about your beer? Might give some clues to where in particular to improve the next batch!

acarey said:
Agreed. I sold to it the wife on that basis. I jumped directly into kegging and did up a spreadsheet for her that forecasted when the savings on beer purchases would recoup the initial outlay....

then I bought some more kegs

then i needed more taps and a bigger chesty

then I started BIAB and bought a BIRKO urn

now i'm spending my days dreaming about the word 'Braumeister' but I'll need to build a shed for that.

Long story short, I've stopped maintaining the spreadsheet. :chug:
I went coopers kit, kegs then braumeister. Told the wife we were saving money because I wouldn't be buying all the other stuff on the steps in between.

PS Joshau like the people said congrats on persisting. Pretty sure everyone here still makes average beers.
I just had a bit of a mess of a brew day myself.

Latest posts

Back