• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Grain Mill Famingliare Novital's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought that getting 45% flour when "cracking grains" would be too destructive on the husk and more likely to provide you with lautering issues.
If it was adjustable so you can distance the rollers a bit more it would be more suitable I suspect.

Cheers

Roller

I would have thought that getting 45% flour when "cracking grains" would be too destructive on the husk and more likely to provide you with lautering issues.
If it was adjustable so you can distance the rollers a bit more it would be more suitable I suspect.

Cheers

Roller

It could get 45% flour while keeping the husk intact. if that were the case it would be super, otherwise no good. You can tell by the colour of the flour, it should be white. If there is too much brown in there it means it has a fair amount of husk in it.

45% flour wil get you a lot of stuck sparges (unless your going to sift it out). its a pretty expensive mill though.

if the gap is adjustable out I dont think its a bad buy. My MM3-SS-2.0 and 1HP motor would have cost me more than that all Up I would think (I try not to keep too much of a tab on these things.)

Back