• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Giveaway: Digital Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodolphe01

Reaction score
In the AHB community spirit I am giving away my dodgy digital scales.

It is Soehnle brand, the button broke after about 6 months, i've had them 2 years... I thought Soehnle were good, i've certainly had excellent Soehnle scales in the past, maybe I had bad luck or maybe it is just the top quality Chinese manufacturing everyone seems to use these days. ahem.

Anyway, I was just touching the 2 wires (red and black, see in pic below) together to turn the scales on, and touch them again to zero, and they auto turn off after a few minutes. The other day the battery indicator was on and today the scales won't even turn on. I'm not sure if all it needs is a new battery or if it is completely stuffed. I cracked the shits with these after the button broke so I just bought new scales and can't be bothered even trying a new battery.

Maybe someone here wants to try a new battery and possibly score some free scales, and maybe even get crafty and solder a new button on! It takes a CR2032 battery, think oversized watch battery.

When they were turning on I had no problems with accuracy or anything like that.

I am in Brisbane and work in the CBD, pick-up only from my workplace.

First PM in wins.

Cheers

Back