Converted Fire Extinguishers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogman

Reaction score
I need to fill my MYKEGONLEGS cylinder for the first time and looked up the refill stations.

Went to Queensland Pressure Testing Service unit 7/231 Brisbane rd Labrador.
Contact Ken Hillier 0418 921 426 07 55 377 616

Cost me $35 for a slightly over 6.8 kg fill.

Asked the owner if he would be willing to sell a converted extinguisher (dip tube removed, Ready for regulator attachment) and He said He would be able to do a small number.

No idea of price but for all of you out there loathing the big 2 for their $120+ rental It could be well worth thie visit.

FROGMAN

Does this mean the "mykegsonlegs" can be filled anywhere??

What are the options for newcastle? and cost?

On the note of the fire extinguishers... .sounds like a unique opportunity folks... get in there!!

Pok

Does this mean the "mykegsonlegs" can be filled anywhere??

What are the options for newcastle? and cost?
On the note of the fire extinguishers... .sounds like a unique opportunity folks... get in there!!

Pok

They have a list of refillers on their website.

Cheers FROGMAN

So if I happened to have a D and an E size cylinder :D .....would these places be happy enough to fill it for me?

If you can get a firm price i'm interested. As long as it can be refilled from similar places as well..

If you can get a firm price i'm interested. As long as it can be refilled from similar places as well..

Gee you don't ask for much. I find a guy willing to convert old extinguisers and supply a phone number and you want me to get a price. :blink:

Pick up the phone and give him a call.

As for other refillers that would have to be something you would have to source in your part of town.

Was more wanting to inform G.C. brewers they have an option apart from the big duopoly rental prices.

FROGMAN

Is a converted extinguisher safe food wise??

Dave

Is a converted extinguisher safe food wise??

Dave
G'day DWC,
This thread explores the concept with both the gas and cylinders (you may struggle to get a converted fire extinguisher filled with food grade Co2). To some extent I think it's a risk many of us (me included) are prepared to take. You will have to draw your own conclusions on this. :)
Cheers
Doug

G'day DWC,
This thread explores the concept with both the gas and cylinders (you may struggle to get a converted fire extinguisher filled with food grade Co2). To some extent I think it's a risk many of us (me included) are prepared to take. You will have to draw your own conclusions on this. :)
Cheers
Doug

I did not actually watch the guy refill my cylinder but as an approved MyKegOnLegs Refiller I would assume he refilled my cylinder with food garde Co2.

His main source of bussiness is the reconditioning of fire extinguisher I would guess judging by the number that I was standing around and the conversation I had with him.

I can't say for other refillers but I would guess he only has the 1 source of bulk Co2 for doing all refills.

FROGMAN...

Back