Co2 Bottle Filling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soup

Reaction score
hi guys im new to this and i wanted to know if i can use a helium bottle to fill with co2 (if i get it pressure tested and restamped ) and if so does anyone know where i can get it done near campbelltown nsw im pretty sure its a 3.5 kg if not does anyone know where i can get a cheaper alternative to the $300 one from the brew shops
cheers soup

What sort of He bottle is it? Only asking because the ones we have in our lab have the same reg fitting as our CO2 cylinders, but they are different from the reg I use for my keg setup.

Where did you get it from? Just out of curiosity :)
- Bez

you will struggle to get it filled by anyone other than the bottle owner(BOC, supagas etc etc) ... i had the same problem and mine was a Co2 bottle , fire extinguishers can be refilled by fire people .. gas bottles they generally wont touch , sadly there isnt a really cheap way out of paying bottle rental or buying a my keg on legs bottle except for the fire extinguisher option when it comes to being able to get them filled again ..

i dont imagine getting it tested and restamped would be cheap either ... if the bottle is owned by one of the big players no one is likely to touch it anyway

hi guys
it was a bottle i got from a friend that is a gas and chemical expert (shame he cant fill them)
but he said it would hold the pressure no probs
it is a bit taller and thinner than the kegs on legs bottle with what looks like a 9kg gas fitting
but if i cant fill it theres no point !
so it looks like i might try the fire extinguisher avenue
where abouts can i get one near campbelltown nsw
and does anyone have an idea on price?

cheers soup

The cheapest place to purchase your cylinders is from www.kegking.com.au or one of Keg Kings distributors, but i'm a little bias because I am good mates with the guys there. But it's a pretty good deal. They are $190 and they come with a lifetime warranty and servicing. So you will never have to pay for hydro testing or replacement of valves and burst disks.

2.6kg cylinders are a good manageable size and fairly safe. The size of the cylinder should also be chosen to suit where you are using the system.

If i had a confined bar room with little ventilation i would definitely not use any more than a 3kg cylinder. In the case of a leak, a concentration of more than 30% co2 can be lethal. 3kg will be enough to make a 50cubic meter room a lethal environment.

3 posts by keg king, all advertising his gas... Mod's, something that can be done??? Mmmm SPAM

I don't know - I might be a little less sensitive to this issue that some on this forum, but i don't believe KegKing's post was spam. I mean, spam is information you didn't ask for, and he was responding directly to a post that asked where you could get cheaper alternatives to $300 gas bottles. Seems perfectly ok to me.

- Snow.

maybe if it was just in one thread...
3 posts since joining in Jan, in 3 threads, mins apart from each other, same message.... buy from my 'friends'
spam

maybe if it was just in one thread...
3 posts since joining in Jan, in 3 threads, mins apart from each other, same message.... buy from my 'friends'
spam

Yeah ok, I just had a look at his other posts and they are definitely spam. Not a good way for a retailer to endear themselves to customers.

- Snow

Its spam, I already hit the 'report' button on one of the others.

Back