Chew Your Own Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
I spotted a link to this video on the Boing Boing blog this morning. It's a brewer from Dogfish Head Brewery discussing their newest specialty beer: Chicha.

What makes it different? A small proportion of the mash is chewed up purple corn. Yum!

Anyone game enough and got the chompers to give this a go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh - I'll be making a spit beer. I have been mucking about with different ways to convert starches... the spit beer is well and truly on the list.

No that I expect anyone else to try it.............

I feel sorry for the poor assistant brewers. They would have come into work in the morning, been given a tub of corn and a spit bucket, and told to get to it...

me, I'll be using cooked grain ... make the chewing a bit easier. Early sake/rice wine was made by chewing before the discovery of koji - they chewed a mixture of cooked and a lesser amount of uncooked rice.

I'll use a mixture of rice, corn and millet or sorghum

Would love to see this beer served up at a Frankston Pub. "When mullets attack" comes to mind.

reVox

Anyone game enough and got the chompers to give this a go?

No thanks, the smell of corn makes me wanna puke. No way I'd be putting it in my mouth :icon_vomit:

No thanks, the smell of corn makes me wanna puke. No way I'd be putting it in my mouth :icon_vomit:

I can't resist....this is just too good an opportunity to pass up....apologies in advance..... :p

poop_that_corn.jpg

well i think we can see the effects of it just look at that satisfied smile on his face.

Back