Beer Bottle Washer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshlangmaid

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just though i'd post some photos of a flash idea i had. Made it out of scraps i had laying around. 21 bottles it holds. So i do a lot, take 10 off and put 10 more on to make 31 (brew). Its attached via the garden hose there, but i have a 2500L/hr fish tank pump that was laying around to squirt sanitizer inside the bottles. I guess some of you may think it is pointless and a waste of time (might be yet). But let me now what you think. Cheers.

w1.JPG

w2.JPG

Don't be worried, I've just brought an olympus 1030. It goes underwater 10m, 10.1MP, 3.6x zoom, 2M drop proof, 100kg crush proof, night proof???, Snow proof. Its pretty good.

olympus_mju_1030sw_d.jpg

:)

What kind of pressure does the water come out at?

From the pump? About the picture shown. I've tested it and it gets liquid to all parts of the bottle. Attached to the hose like it was, the tap was only on half way. If that. House Bor water pump.

Nice setup

If that's MDF it won't stay like that for long

Nice setup

If that's MDF it won't stay like that for long

Yea I was worried about that. I've got some sealant the hardware fella said would do the job. Either that or use different material.

G'day Josh,

I have had a similar setup for 12 years or so now but in stainless & hardwood & mounted on the side fence. I seem to have lost the pics but they are in another similar thread someware here.
IMHO the best way to clean your bottles is to give them a clean with a bottle washer in Napisan & then rinse well with your bottle washing gismo. There is really no need to sanitise although that is up to the individual. Good setup mate (Mine only does 10 at a time) but as mentioned earlier get rid of the MDF. :)

TP :beer:

So how much did it swell up :D

Nice job though!

Unbelievably its been wet here since i made it. It has been outside and has remained perfectly fine. Although i could imagine it has sopped it up and will turn to mush either way.

TidalPete, thanks, i'll do a search for your images. :)

Bit o' maraine ply should do the trick me hearties. Nice job. :) I like the use of the plasticised shelf - was it out of a fridge or some kind of gardening thing?

cheers

Grant

Bit o' maraine ply should do the trick me hearties. Nice job. :) I like the use of the plasticised shelf - was it out of a fridge or some kind of gardening thing?

cheers

Grant

I'm not quite sure Grant. I know many year ago when i lived with my parents it was used to stack plates etc in the cupboard. Don't know how it ended up in my stuff! But least it has a purpose now.

TP - hopefully i don't have to test the drop proofing over the 2m limit! Or at all... Didn't trust it to be waterproof either.

Night fellas.

I'm not quite sure Grant. I know many year ago when i lived with my parents it was used to stack plates etc in the cupboard. Don't know how it ended up in my stuff! But least it has a purpose now.

TP - hopefully i don't have to test the drop proofing over the 2m limit! Or at all... Didn't trust it to be waterproof either.

Night fellas.

Aah that's why it seems familiar!
I have some freezer baskets that I removed from my fermentation freezer that could do the trick.

cheers

Grant

Back