Any Sugestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g brewer

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to put down a Pilsner in the morning and need some help with the hop amounts and when to add. I propose to use 5kg., of J.White Pilsner malt. Hops, I have plenty of P.O.R. 10% and of Amarillo 8.9 % also 90 grams of Pearl 5.5% and 45 grams Cascade 6.4%. The yeast is S23, and I will be able to ferment at the correct temp in my fridge and C/C. I have done some ales with good results and would like some help on the pilsner.. Thank you. A/G.

I've been enjoying some german style ones recently. Bittered to somewhere between 27-35 IBU, with one 60 and one 15 minute addition. Of those listed Perle would be my bet but choose what you like really...
I use about 1.23 grams per litre for the flavour addition (rounded).
Check the recipe section for any of sluggerdogs recipes as he makes very nice lagers, at least all the ones I have tasted, and that is where I got that suggestion from...

Have a read around on lager tips and check the style of the week thread perhaps?

I've put my Summer Pils recipe in the recipe section as I was very happy with it...

Back