Any Beer Blenders Out There ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwd

Awful Ale Apprentice
Reaction score
Some time ago I tried to make a Ruddles style beer which turned out more like a brown ale.
Ruddles Amber?? Anyhow today mixed 750ml bottle RA with a can of VB and came up with a very Ruddles kind of beer. Compared to Ruddles County clear glass bottle from Dans I would say better.

I also use VB to blend with home brewed Coopers Stout to make a very drinkable IMO Black and Tan.

Just wondered if there any other beer blenders out there making something a bit different with the addition of commercial beers. Show us your recipes

I also love single malt whisky but some of the good blends using single malts are pretty damn good. Johny Walker Green Label for one. Famous Grouse is probably one of the better cheap blends I have tasted.
Currently savouring a wonderful Singleton 18 year Glen Ord malt which complements any good beer. Nothing beats a pint and a nip. :)

on the odd occasion i would blend melbourne bitter with sheafs stout ratio of 2 to1 mb to ss. i thought it was quite nice!

Back