1001 Beer Recipes To Inspire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waggastew

Reaction score
I suspect that many of the more experienced brewers will already be aware of this resource but I just came across it tonight and thought it was worth bringing it to the attention of the uninitiated.

http://hbd.org/brewery/cm3/dl/

Its a website/list called the Cats Meow and has about a 'mullion' mainly US recipes for all types of conventional and non conventional beers.

As a K&K brewer alot of the recipes are not directly useful but are a great source of ideas for new brews and hints of stuff to add. For AG's etc it is a gold mine.

Apologies if its already well known and I am late to the party but I am sure there will be someone out there who has still not discovered its joys.

Stew

PS. My 'What To Brew' list just got about 12 batches longer.........

I think those recipes are pretty (how do you spell redundant?)useless now to a degree in all the vagueness, do you know how many crystal malts your best home brew store has? then what one will you use for that half pound of 'crystal' malt and just what 'pale' malt or 'extract' will you use.

Honestly I think AHB will do you more service in recipe direction then those out dated pages.

Heres a recipe for you.

11 pounds pale malt?
1 pound crystal malt?
williamette hops?

some more williamette hops?

lord cock knocker yeast < I actually have that!

If you look at the date on those recipes some brewers were not even born yet.

I hope in another 20 years the next advance in brewing is a car that drives you home.

it's interesting to see what the americans were up to 20 years ago...

just been reading the pale ale section and they're mostly trying to crack ESB (and the siera nevada pale) and other london bitters. their IPAs too are pretty 'safe'... they had found cascade though...

interesting read, cheers!

Latest posts

Back