Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a copy of an email from Grain and Grape.

Keg King Taking Over Wort Kit Production​

In the weeks since announcing my retirement and the closure of Grain and Grape, I have been overwhelmed by the expressions of support, but also of dismay that our Fresh Wort Kits will no longer be available.
Following a brief and very friendly negotiation, I am pleased to announce the sale/transfer of the G&G Fresh Wort Kit brewing system, recipes, methods and branding to our good friends at Keg King. Following a short hiatus to transfer the brewery to their premises in Springvale, Will and the team will resume production and sales of these kits, ensuring supply to the brewers of Melbourne and beyond.
I thank Will and wish him the very best of luck.
Cheers
John​

https://www.kegland.com.au/collections/fresh-wort-kits

Id say the G&G ones will probably drop off unless KK supply them :p

The Recipes that G&G had under the ArtisanAle brand were really fantastic but the reality is that these recipes were public. If the quality is maintained then we would be more than happy to purchase them from whoever manufactures them. If this is not the case then we will use the same recipe and make them ourselves and brand them under the Fresh^3 brand. Either way there is not going to be any shortage of Fresh Wort Kits so if I was a customer I would not be too concerned about getting kits.

If however there are fresh wort kits that we you think are not available that you would like to see available you can always contact us and we will look at adding them to the range.

The Recipes that G&G had under the ArtisanAle brand were really fantastic but the reality is that these recipes were public. If the quality is maintained then we would be more than happy to purchase them from whoever manufactures them. If this is not the case then we will use the same recipe and make them ourselves and brand them under the Fresh^3 brand. Either way there is not going to be any shortage of Fresh Wort Kits so if I was a customer I would not be too concerned about getting kits.

If however there are fresh wort kits that we you think are not available that you would like to see available you can always contact us and we will look at adding them to the range.
I doubt they will be any different, same brewer, same BM, and same recipes. I was hoping for a bit of competition price-wise.

To keep the instruction manual simple we say use the two point calibration method with 1.000 being one calibration point and 1.040-1.060 being the second calibration point. With that said if you want a more complete answer then:

Calibration point 1
- best to use the 1.000 as stated previously

Calibration point 2
- ask yourself what is the highest gravity beer you can see yourself doing and then choose this as the second calibration point.

This is probably a more complete answer and if you take this approach then this will give you the highest accuracy. The only reason we say 1.040 - 1.060 in the instruction manual is because that is the highest gravity that most home brewers use.
So tried to do the recalibration tonight, but the Pill is dropping out of the RAPT portal almost as soon as I lift it off the charger (approx 10 seconds) (I connect while it's on the wireless charger). This is while the portal on my phone is in calibration mode, and I've done a reboot and also checked for a firmware update (it's up to date). I'll let it charge to full and try again, but think i've managed to junk it. Annoying as it was doing well until i tried the wireless charging.

So tried to do the recalibration tonight, but the Pill is dropping out of the RAPT portal almost as soon as I lift it off the charger (approx 10 seconds) (I connect while it's on the wireless charger). This is while the portal on my phone is in calibration mode, and I've done a reboot and also checked for a firmware update (it's up to date). I'll let it charge to full and try again, but think i've managed to junk it. Annoying as it was doing well until i tried the wireless charging.
check your battery and contacts maybe?

Took it apart and checked plugs etc. Battery level on app was 70%. It's now fully charged so will try again tonight and dig out the multimeter.
After recharging back to 100% the pill would then stay in calibration mode long enough to be calibrated. Two points, 1.000 and 1.064 being the next brew. Although i calibrated it at 1.064 in the wort after a couple of minutes waiting for it to stabilise, when it started sending readings to my RAPT controller it was saying 1.062. I can live with a couple of points diff, will see if that changes.

What seals are the replacement ones for the Fatlok connectors?

https://www.kegland.com.au/collections/k-lok-snaplock-fatlock-compatible-fittings

There are a few different "standards" of fittings. The link above is for our k-lok fittings. Although the couple with the snaplok, fatlok, b-lok and other similar commercial fittings ours are designed every so slightly differently. Ours and Lancer Pacific are probably the most similar so I would not be surprised if our parts and Lancer's spare parts are fully compatible.

For the seal kit we do have KL27861 in stock but it is not on the website. I will get one of the guys to upload this to the website soon so you get get the seals.

The 0-ring on the male side of the fitting is the most common one to be replaced and this is sold as a pack of 7pcs:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/replacement-male-o-ring-for-k-lok-male-x-tap-shank-adaptor

After recharging back to 100% the pill would then stay in calibration mode long enough to be calibrated. Two points, 1.000 and 1.064 being the next brew. Although i calibrated it at 1.064 in the wort after a couple of minutes waiting for it to stabilise, when it started sending readings to my RAPT controller it was saying 1.062. I can live with a couple of points diff, will see if that changes.

Great. That is a much better set of gravity readings to calibrate against. I would say if you use that approach you should be fine.

https://www.kegland.com.au/collections/k-lok-snaplock-fatlock-compatible-fittings

There are a few different "standards" of fittings. The link above is for our k-lok fittings. Although the couple with the snaplok, fatlok, b-lok and other similar commercial fittings ours are designed every so slightly differently. Ours and Lancer Pacific are probably the most similar so I would not be surprised if our parts and Lancer's spare parts are fully compatible.

For the seal kit we do have KL27861 in stock but it is not on the website. I will get one of the guys to upload this to the website soon so you get get the seals.

The 0-ring on the male side of the fitting is the most common one to be replaced and this is sold as a pack of 7pcs:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/replacement-male-o-ring-for-k-lok-male-x-tap-shank-adaptor
I meant K-Lok its your brand, I am after the male side ones

Latest posts

Back