What Makes You Happy ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Reading the Sunday papers this arvo, and in one of the lifesytle liftout sections was an article on What Makes Men Happy ?
Good on you Merc for telling the truth and saying beer. I agree totally :beerbang:
Here is the scan.

Beers,
Doc

What_makes_you_happy__Large_.png

Quite a neat little story, and he's described the way that I think many including myself feel about brewing. Good on 'im :)

Interesting pouring method

Ah yes that is the prescribed pouring method for those in the TV and Media industries whom have under gone the rigorous training programs prescribed for those of us in theTV and media industry and whom on occassion are seen to be pouring beer for photo and TV media opportunities!

Do you have any idea how long a photo shoot goes for???!!? I had to continuously and seemlessly pour that beer for the whole photo - that takes training and practise, as a matter of fact I'm pouring one right now as I type!

Yep beer and all that goes with it (with the exception of the gut although that makes me walk alot which makes me happy) Yep no exceptions beer makes me happy :D

I can relate to the way he feels about people enjoying what he makes. I love to make pizza from scratch, home made bread, smoke meat in the Webber for friends to enjoy. When you use the yeast from your beer to make the pizza, it really means home made.

Good post Doc. Thanks for showing the article.

Do you have any idea how long a photo shoot goes for???!!? I had to continuously and seemlessly pour that beer for the whole photo - that takes training and practise, as a matter of fact I'm pouring one right now as I type!

I certainly do, but on the other side of the lens. I'm surprised they didn't opt for the easy way and have a static beer... then they can use tricks like detergent, egg white and gelatin to keep the head looking good all day. Was anyone drinking all those beers that you poured? I'd hate for them to go to waste!

It's a nice article, Merc. Thanks for sharing it, Doc.

-Bonj

It's not just what makes "men" happy either. :D

Comments from POL, Braufrau, others?

As for me, big "up's" to Mercs Own for his honesty and candour. I'm in the MercZone, too.

I knew it wasn't about the prizes or adulation for me, but didn't realise that so many others feel the same.

Seth :p

Latest posts

Back