What are you watching??

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoCrows

Reaction score
I have been following and thought I would share this YouTuber...............

This Dad Goes to 11 He has been on YouTube for some time now, he has some great food recipes and is a homebrewer.

He is based in Calgary, Canada.

Pickles, Cured meats, Sourdough bread (many varieties), Sous Vide, BBQing.

P.S Does AHB have a what are you watching Thread??

I have been following and thought I would share this YouTuber...............

This Dad Goes to 11 He has been on YouTube for some time now, he has some great food recipes and is a homebrewer.

He is based in Calgary, Canada.

Pickles, Cured meats, Sourdough bread (many varieties), Sous Vide, BBQing.

P.S Does AHB have a what are you watching Thread??
They do now. You have just started one.

I watched this video and as a lover of Black Pudding I got together the ingredients, all bar the pigs blood. It was available in Springvale but the slaughter house selling the pigs blood had closed down. Tried some of the local pig farms they get all the offal back bar the blood!
Ended up getting the dried blood in Scotland, got about 1.5 kg, back fat is easy from the Vietnamese butchers so am ready to go. Got the intestine (beef), and made up a large funnel to load the skins.
Just got to wait until I can get the kitchen to myself for a day.

Looks good, will watch ASAP.
Philippine butchers should have plenty, it is a regular dish from a slow cooker ( Dinuguan is Filipino stew of pork meat and innards simmered in blood and vinegar)
This I have not tried!!
I have had Irish black Pudding called Drisheen from Cork. It is made from cow blood.

Last edited:
(Good thread TwoCrows)

I keep returning to this bloke’s cooking channel. A retired chef who hits the road in a camper van travelling through small towns in France, Spain and Portugal. Visits local markets and chats to the locals about their food. Simple rustic stuff. Then he cooks it up. Simply videoed too, and pithy at about six minutes duration. Love the vagabond vibe, his narrative, the authenticity and the history. Here’s one of his several rabbit stews (went to Vic market here in Melbourne recently and a dead rabbit costs $26! Oh for the pre-mixo days and road kill when driving country roads during rabbit plagues).

That is one great way to cook a rabbit.

I looked Pete up and he is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York.

On a side note, I follow a youtuber that dinned this week at a French restaurant, Le Bernardin in Manhattan, New York @$480 per person with wine. No suit no service.

Can you get a Michelin star in a touring Van?

Smashed out these bad boys. Really good when cooking for guests.
Easy to set up and they choose what goes on their Taco. Aloi sauce and/or 1000 Island dressing went well.

I used 100grams of protein, spent time moving away the unwanted oil. Hefeweizen on keg. Lots of salad, great meal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back