The night shift thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StalkingWilbur

Reaction score
Anybody out there on night shift? It seems most home brewers are asleep by now. I wish I could be as well, unfortunately I'm sitting on a stockpile feeding a bin with gold ore.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392569789.735198.jpg

That's my view for the majority of the night and yes my feet are up. Lets just hope none of my managers are home brewers too haha.

Stop faffing around on AHB and concentrate on driving that whatever the heck it is you're driving. Says the guy who really should be in a meeting right now instead of faffing around on AHB...

Nope - but feck that lighting would drive me insane

Komodo said:
Nope - but feck that lighting would drive me insane
Haven't you read any of Stalkingwilbur's posts? ;)

you'd get the sack where I work for just having your phone with you, let alone use it.
We can only use them at smoko.
Cheers
LB

Yeah. Phone rules underground are pretty strict, on the surface it's much slacker.

We recently had a photo end up on the Facebook group mining mayhem, the response from the top of the food chain was pretty much "it's going to happen these days, you can't stop if". Also might not help that most people have been given pay cuts and mine life is only two years left max, so things are getting slack. Which isn't good, because it means safety is going to suffer, but it's just the way it is.

I think you people need to start drinking more coffee and less beer so I have stuff to read on nights.

Or crack. Yeah, start smoking crack. That way you can keep drinking beer and you'll probably keep me very entertained.

Pilbara night shift crew, opening ahb for new infoz every two minutes crew.

1396632695681.jpg

LagerBomb said:
Get back to work you bum.
Automation is a beautiful thing @LagerBomb. have just finished compiling a shortlist of beers to purchase when I fly home. Priorities nomsayin'

That's ok for you. Automation doesn't go out and fix breakdowns though. Quite the opposite actually.

LagerBomb said:
That's ok for you. Automation doesn't go out and fix breakdowns though. Quite the opposite actually.
Guessing sparky?

Guessing wrong - Multi Trade - Plumber/Fitter with welding trade endorsements.

LagerBomb said:
Guessing wrong - Multi Trade - Plumber/Fitter with welding trade endorsements.
Nice one.

Look yeah automation doesn't fix breakdowns. But, if you are in the middle of a scheduled Shutdown (which we are), then there's not too many of those.

Latest posts

Back