Stainless Steel fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so here is my first post.
After years of home brewing in plastic fermenters, I'm about to invest in SS. Has anyone got any views on the KegLand 32L SS Conical Fermenter?Cheers ianW

What about a ss unitank instead ?
I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend
The 29 L pressure fermenter kegs are a good option

Invest is the word. I think buy once, cry once is a good rule of thumb with stainless.
Frankly I think the 32L looks a bit chintzy.

The pragmatist in me likes the Kegmenter for its flexibility and simplicity and ability to produce 70% ABV beer.

Very happy with my 50L Cheeky Peak NanoX fermenter
The 30L is marked down pretty low right now
https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/1-nano-x-30l-flexi-bucket-fermenter/
Careful with bucket style fermenters. They generally aren't pressure rated to close transfer to a keg at anything greater than 2-5 psi. Ask the manufacturers of these products what the pressure rating is before you buy. Most will likely shy away from the question. Better yet, if it's not stated in the product description, don't bother.

Pretty sure with Nano X you have to buy a separate pressure rated lid for it to work with pressure. Which brings up another good point.

Consider the additional accessories you want to make your new SS fermenter do what you what. A lot of these will come with varying options that you may find yourself not using at all after dropping a lot of cash.

There is a similar thread on here you might find useful. Search conical or stainless fermenter and you should find it. Don't remember what it was called unfortunately.

Careful with bucket style fermenters. They generally aren't pressure rated to close transfer to a keg at anything greater than 2-5 psi.

1711586075164.png

It’s a waste of money, I use a 50ltr ww brewkeg,(modified lid)I think the best value for money is the keg mentor,just not sure how it takes the beer out without the sediment, but am sure with some thought it can be sorted,maybe a dump valve on the bottom ,have a friend using uni tank,by the time you buy the cooler and everything else it’s a lot cheaper to go with brew kegs

Careful with bucket style fermenters. They generally aren't pressure rated to close transfer to a keg at anything greater than 2-5 psi. Ask the manufacturers of these products what the pressure rating is before you buy. Most will likely shy away from the question. Better yet, if it's not stated in the product description, don't bother.

Pretty sure with Nano X you have to buy a separate pressure rated lid for it to work with pressure. Which brings up another good point.

Consider the additional accessories you want to make your new SS fermenter do what you what. A lot of these will come with varying options that you may find yourself not using at all after dropping a lot of cash.

There is a similar thread on here you might find useful. Search conical or stainless fermenter and you should find it. Don't remember what it was called unfortunately.
How do pressure transfer with the fermenter? What happens with the bubbler? Or do you have a CO2 plug on or something that goes in an adds pressure to transfer? Never seen anything mentioning this before.

yeahhhh, since posting that reply I've found out from Cheeky Peak that they've discontinued the pressure parts without notifying owners right on 1 year after releasing them
Not too happy about that...

How do pressure transfer with the fermenter? What happens with the bubbler? Or do you have a CO2 plug on or something that goes in an adds pressure to transfer? Never seen anything mentioning this before.
I just heard Marshall on the Brülosophy podcast talk about putting a gas post on the lid of a Brewtech Brew Bucket to transfer. The hole in the lid is the right size. I haven't tried it though.

Latest posts

Back