Stacking A Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchman82

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I own a Comet co2 regulator, its a fairly new one and is in great nick.
Just wondering how i would go about adding a 2nd cheapy reg to control my forced carbonation? is it a tricky process??? i just got a hold of a fridge that can hold 8xkegs so i need to split my pressures up a bit :)

also, on the same topic, does anyone have some tips on making a manifold for 2 diff pressures??

Cheers!
Burch :chug:

Contact Ross at Craftbrewer in the sponsors links above for advice.

No afilliation or whatever.

FROGMAN.

You can get cheap inline regulators from places like Supercheap. With a T-piece (or a gas manifold) on your gas line, set your main reg to force carbonation pressure, leaving one line with a disconnect. Hook that disconnect to the keg you want to force. Then hook the cheapies onto other lines and dial in whatever pressure you want to serve or maintain pressure in your other keg/s.

This thread might explain it better. Asher's attached pdf is a good schematic and in fact the thing I was thinking of when I posted the first paragraph. Jayse has posted a pic in there of what the cheap air reg looks like when attached.

HTH.

Something to note is that if you end up with 8 kegs on the go, any one keg isnt getting hammered, in which case you dont need to leave the gas on, and can do what I do. Have a manifold so each keg gas supply is valved, and a single reg. Once a day you wind the reg from 80 kPa (ales) up to 300 kPa (soda water), and just open and close the relevant keg valves at each pressure. Dissolved gas levels change slowly at fridge temps, so if you pour using headspace pressure, and just re-pressurize the head space every couple of days, everything stays in equilibrium.

For the manifold itself if you go to a hydraulics place like EnZed you can get the valves and t pieces to join up, but the cumulative cost is probably similar to the made up manifolds already recommended. The advantage of the hydraulics places is they will have a t piece with male thread one side and female the other so you can put them together with a minimum of pieces.

Latest posts

Back