RecipeDB - Get Ya' Tetts Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

under

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets!
Reaction score

Get Ya' Tetts Out

Lager - Dortmunder/European Export
All Grain
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

BIAB - Mash 66 for 90mins.

3g Calcium Chloride to mash
5g Gypsum to mash

1 min hop addition was added to cube (no chill). Chillers add at flameout and allow to steep 15mins.

WLP 830 - German Lager @ 10c to 3/4 terminal gravity then raise to ambient for rest.

Beersmith shows (so dont go off recipe database figures) -

OG 1048
24.3 IBU
19.9 EBC

Color lighter than actually stated.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
2.75 kg JWM Traditional Ale Malt
1.1 kg Weyermann Pale Wheat
0.54 kg Weyermann Munich I
0.13 kg Weyermann Caraaroma
0.13 kg Weyermann Caramunich I

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
24 g Tettnang (Pellet, 4.5AA%, 1mins)
24 g Tettnang (Pellet, 4.5AA%, 15mins)
15 g Galena (Pellet, 13.0AA%, 60mins)

Yeast

2000 ml White Labs WLP830 - German Lager
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.048 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.011 (calc)
  • Bitterness 28.6 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 4.81%
  • Colour 20 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 7 days
  • Secondary 7 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

Awesome, love the name mate! :icon_cheers:

Yep, no Tetts in that.

Or are you waiting for somebody to yell "Show us ya Tetts" :ph34r:

Heh. Well. 'Show Us Ya Tetts' or "Get Ya Tetts Out' were the two names I decided on. Hop schedule added and a (dodgy) picture of final product added below.

img1256wn.jpg

noice

What's the glass? I've been trying to get those 'shoulder' glasses for ages but not a QLD item. I remember them from NSW pubs, stops the middy sliding out from between your drunken fingers.

edit: Galena good. I have made German pils with just Hallertau and Tett and just not enough bitterness to back them up, latest batch I used Northern Brewer and came out fine. Galena is a great basic bitterer as well.

noice

What's the glass? I've been trying to get those 'shoulder' glasses for ages but not a QLD item. I remember them from NSW pubs, stops the middy sliding out from between your drunken fingers.

And if you look closely it's sorta like Boobies :ph34r: .....................

They are everywhere in vic. I think they are called nonic pints? SWMBO used to work at the front desk at a serviced apartment (still fills in time to time) and would collect all of the glasses stolen from pubs the cleaners would drop off into the office. ended up getting quite a collection of random beer glasses over time. Too bad my picnic tap slips off my thumb and breaks them from time to time! <_<

I'd kill for some decent US conical imperial pint glasses or even just settle for 1 doz James Squire pint glasses! :icon_cheers:

Yup. Nonic pints. Love them. Seen them dropped from a meter and didn't break.

Galena is bloody great. Really loving the tettnager in this though. What a hop!

Speaking of those squire pints. What a beautiful glass. Got a 6'er of them coming aswell. Thanks mum!!! :)

noice

edit: Galena good. I have made German pils with just Hallertau and Tett and just not enough bitterness to back them up, latest batch I used Northern Brewer and came out fine. Galena is a great basic bitterer as well.

Looks noice alright :icon_cheers:
:icon_offtopic:
The Hospitality Store in the Valley had them for $2-3 each a while back Bribie.

I got a dozen for $30.

www.wgafoodequip.com.au

noice

Hi bribie,

no affiliation but the brewers choice stores around bris have them. Or at least the wacol one does

Cheers
matt

Those squires ones are 425ml oxfords. You can also pick them up without the james squire logo from hospitality stores for a few bucks. Picked up 2 nonic pint and 2 oxfords when I was in Melbourne. Would have got more but had luggage limitations.

Back