Postage options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr B

Reaction score
Hey all

From time to time, it becomes necessary to source various bits and peices from around the place.

For larger or heavier items, Auspost private (non business) rates can be a little harsh.

Anyone have any good tips on the most economical way to get stuff sent around?

I found a site "Freight Exchange" which had the best rates. Any additional comment or experience on these would be welcomed.

Cheers

I've used Pack & Send a handful of times for breakable items (bottles of beer etc) and found them to be good. I don't think they are particularly cheap, though, however so far I've never had a breakage. Full of good advice and assistance from the depots I've dealt with though.

+1 for e-Go. More successful transfers here at the right price, but some people are not in a pick-up zone.

Have also used Pack/Send, but it really helps if you don't leave the packing to them, as you'll pay through the nose.

I have been doing this for too long

A friend was telling me about Sendle the other day. I can't vouch for them, as I've never used them, but it seems like a good service. Might be worth checking out.

another for E-Go.. about a million tyimes better than fuckways shitways cockways

2015-12-02_12-40-24.jpg

^^ these jerks ^^

and unlike the beatings my boxes got at the hands of Aus Post, I comfortably send glassware out with E-Go.. they rock

What are like like price wise fore heavy items, like a bag of grain?

I recently couriered a ceramic base font from Melbourne to Newie with e-Go, not to mention the stainless 80 litre cylindroconical fermentor, with no problems.

Smartsend subcontracts various couriers. Used them a couple of times. No problems.

I mainly use pack and send. They seem reasonable and often cut into their profit to make the customer happy.

Latest posts

Back