Passport application query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Gents have any of you had experience in obtaining a passport? My application says it is ready to be despatched by registered mail on the 5th May. But we fly out on the 12th. It says allow one week for postage depending on where you live.
I would like to think a week would be if you live in the country or rural Australia but not in Melbourne.

I've basically got from the 5th to the 9th for it to arrive by registered post.

All mine have usually arrived in a timely manner.

AFAIK you can pay a crap-load of money and/or get it quickly in emergencies.

Scares me you are asking a brewing site ... As I am sure many of you also have a beer in hand ! However just did this recently I needed it in a rush and arranged pick up but it cost extra ( $200 I think so not cheap) but I had no choice. But give the office a call the most important thing is no errors on your form and photo exactly as it states

I can pay $108 now to have it despatched within two days of it being processed but I'd rather not waste the money if there's a good chances will get it on time. At the PO during the interview they said I had plenty of time. But the tracking sites date of 5/05/14 to be posted scared me a bit.

I'll give the passport office a call and see what they say.

Thanks gents.

Good luck Truman. Don't stress. You'll have a great trip to Singapore.

thedragon said:
Good luck Truman. Don't stress. You'll have a great trip to Singapore.
I'm going to Thailand, but was that a joke because I won't get any further than Singapore without a passport?

Haha, Phuket it is, wasn't it? Short stop over in Changi.

EDIT: Beaten Truy.

Truman said:
I'm going to Thailand, but was that a joke because I won't get any further than Singapore without a passport?
If you manage to get to Singapore without a passport you could soon be a very, very rich man by on-selling that method to others 'in need'. Just don't talk openly about it or your life in luxury might come to an abrupt end.

Florian said:
If you manage to get to Singapore without a passport you could soon be a very, very rich man by on-selling that method to others 'in need'. Just don't talk openly about it or your life in luxury might come to an abrupt end.
Yeah well I did wonder how that would be possible.

Truman said:
That's right it was Phuket with a stop over in Singapore. My memory failed me. Have a good trip!

Registered post gets to you in 2 days max allowing for holidays.

Is the postage from an embassy or diac? I had a slave pick up for me from the embassy. No such luck from diac I suppose.

Well I phoned the passport office and changed it to collect so I could grab it from the Aust passport office in town on Tuesday 6th. Then on Monday just gone I receive an email saying it was completed and ready for collection. So I phoned them again to get it posted and it was here on Tuesday. :D

Truman, I hope that you keep us updated while you're on holiday.

Hope you have an awesome break!

thedragon said:
Truman, I hope that you keep us updated while you're on holiday.
Hope you have an awesome break!
Cheers mate, at 45 I've been to every state and capital city in Australia but never been overseas so really looking forward to it. The missus has been to the USA a number of times so she's a veteran traveller.

Latest posts

Back