New $5 note design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
So who thinks this looks like "Vomit"

Now be truthful

Wobbly

CfzCkoWUIAASqNl.jpg

The blue stripe in the middle will actually be clear.

Those birds are going to look awesome

I like the drawings, hate the colours.
If DBS is right about the blue, that would be good.
Would love a note that was black, yellow and red.

manticle said:
If DBS is right about the blue, that would be good.
From da internetz

While key aspects of the existing design – colour, size and the people portrayed – have been retained, changes include a new 'tactile' feature to help people with vision impairments distinguish between denominations. New security features include a distinctive top-to-bottom clear window (shown in blue in the above image).
"Each banknote in the new series will depict a different species of Australian wattle and a native bird within a number of the elements," explained the RBA Governer Glenn Stevens. "On the $5 banknote, these are the prickly moses wattle and the eastern spinebill," he said.
The designs are the culmination of a process of extensive consultation with experts and industry. The RBA will be revealing more information about the new design and security features of the new banknote series in the coming months - including more information and Australian Geographic-exclusive graphic in the July-August edition of the magazine.
The current series of banknotes can still continue to be used after the new banknotes are issued.

Are we still able to do the 'what does the queen do in her spare time' folding trick?

GABBA110360 said:
at the end of the day gives a rats cos you will battle to get a schooner for one
I was kinda hoping you wouldnt bring that up

I think here we have a clear case of competing objectives. We have the desire to introduce a bunch of new elements while at the same time keeping as much of the existing design as possible to reduce confusion. The net result is that we have something that looks like two diferent things smooged together. Which is what it is.

If we have a new design, let's have a new design. Get rid of the grumpy old bird and have something a bit more reflective of modern australia. A picture of Clive Palmer dangling a new fiver just out of reach of sacked workers for example. Or maybe an Australian animal.

Airgead said:
...A picture of Clive Palmer dangling a new fiver just out of reach of sacked workers for example. Or maybe an Australian animal.
Potato, potata.

I would say that when old Liz kicks the bucket we will probably then become the Republic that we always wanted to be.

Then we will need all new notes to reflect a change in head of state

Screen_Shot_2015-10-19_at_3.08.41_PM.png

Ducatiboy stu said:
I would say that when old Liz kicks the bucket we will probably then become the Republic that we always wanted to be.

Then we will need all new notes to reflect a change in head of state

Screen_Shot_2015-10-19_at_3.08.41_PM.png
Only one step away from..

127278_54_news_hub_118820_656x500.jpg

Latest posts

Back