Mission Completed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Well i took on the challenge of a 100% rye beer today.... oh what joy.
Being a BIAB'er i figured it will be easier to sparge in the bag... (Insert girly scream)
Never, ever ever again...
I ended up with 16.5L of wort, which, is amazing considering how long it took.

If i ever brew it again, which will never happen, i will mash in smaller amounts. I also used a 3 hop combo, so im very keen to see how it tastes at the end. Oh the things we do :rolleyes:

Being a BIAB'er i figured it will be easier to sparge in the bag... (Insert girly scream)

If i ever brew it again, which will never happen, i will mash in smaller amounts. I also used a 3 hop combo, so im very keen to see how it tastes at the end. Oh the things we do :rolleyes:

Yes indeed the things we do! LOL

Please do keep us appraised on how it turns out, not that I'd want to do it, but just you know so I know......

A love of rye is a dangerous thing, it leads us from the true path of barley beer. :ph34r:

well done jig (you mad ******* ;) )

from my experience with the all rye if I was to do it again I'd rack to secondary onto gelatine with a bloody loooong CC before kegging, filter as well if you can, or you could ignore all this if you like drinking sump oil and mud :lol:

good luck

Dave

Latest posts

Back