• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Mill 4 Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~MikE

lvl 23 Comrade
Reaction score
hey all, i haven't used this at all since upgrading to a crankandstein so it's up for sale. i've done a few AG batches with it but i mostly used it for partials.

you can see in the first photo the (chrome?) finish has stripped off of the mill discs and the cast iron has some superficial rust but nothing serious. follow links for bigger pictures.

med_gallery_4944_414_188381.jpg

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...si&img=3062

med_gallery_4944_414_382884.jpg

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...si&img=3063

noone wants a perfectly good mill? :huh:
no offers even?

Mike I may be interested, just gunna seek some advice first.

Can't believe it still 4 sale,I have one of these when I started out doing partials.
Perfect mill for the new partial brewer,and cheap as chips.

Batz

Will have to decline mate
thats cool

Can't believe it still 4 sale,I have one of these when I started out doing partials.
Perfect mill for the new partial brewer,and cheap as chips.

Batz
i know, the only reason i upgraded was because i went to AG and didn't enjoy hand cranking 4-5 kg of grain (though it didn't stop me putting down a few batches).

was looking for $40 but am very much open to offers ppls

I have never seen one of these before. How big is the cup on the top. How may times would you have to fill it for say 1kg of grain??

I seem to recal charlie papazian used and still uses one of these.

Seriously that is a more than reasonable price considering they fetch about $90 to $110 brand new.

Good price I say.
Got one my self. My old man got me igt when I went AG.

Only trouble I found with these is cracking grains with out tearing them apart too much.

Slowly but surely and ensure the gap is tight but not to tight.

So is this one of the good Corona mills mentioned in the article ????

dunno, i've only ever used this one and only have my roller mill to compare it to (which probably doesn't help). i was always happy with it's performance, and it seems like a decent construction...

Mine was a Porkett that one looks the same (unfortunate name)

I sold it to a Perth brewer about 6-7 years ago,Goat I think? I remember handing it over but not a lot more of the night.

Batz

$50

It looks like a good solid mill for those that want to start partials or even AG..

THINK...

If you buy it for $40-50...use it for 12mnths then move on...sell it to a another new Partial/AG brewer for $40-50...then he sells it to buy a better mill

No one gets ripped off, the mill will lasts for ages, and everyone gets a chance at using that type of mill.

Using one of these Corona Mills for All Grain and works well. Bought it a long time ago on special for $60 so $40 is a very good price.

With these mills you do have to adjust it a little to get the crush right, but makes you pay attention to how you're milling which is probably a good thing. I've upped the amount of grain it can hold in the top by taping a cut off piece of soft-drink bottle (2L) to the top of the dispenser. Crude but it works. Have heard of people using box guttering and rain diverter pieces from bunnings to do much the same thing.

Have also seen shots online of people taking the handle off and attaching a variable speed drill to it to turn it too.

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back