Jaffa Stout Recipes? Need Help With A Choc-orange Stout (kit)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukemarsh

Reaction score
Looking into brewing a Jaffa stout (choc orange flavoured stout) but unsure what exactly to use and how much.
I'm only a kit/extract brewer, so just need to know what kit to buy and what extras to put in...

Would an oatmeal stout work better for this? Or a guinness-type stout? Also, on top of a good stout kit/recipe what should I add to give the chocolate-orange flavour?

I have a bottle of Chocolate flavour essence and a bottle of orange flavour essence, but the orange has alcohol in it so can't be used in the fermenter. Should I just make a normal stout and then add the essences to the bottles when priming?

If anyone has any ideas or has done this before and has a good recipe it'd be very helpful!
Cheers

Necro-ing this ooooooold thread...

I was talking to the Mrs about putting down a stout for my birthday (On the winter solstice), possibly an orange and licorice sweet stout.
she recoiled at the thought of licorice and suggested a Sweet Jaffa stout.
I'll be doing it BIAB and no-chill, anyone have any suggestions for the recipe?

Any help is much appreciated

Bumpage
No ideas?
I've found Ross's sour choc orange stout, but I'd really rather something sweet

I guess that could work, i just didn't know if the orange juice would go sour in the boil
I might give it a go and report back

Latest posts

Back