Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will be long and gone by the time these bottles arrive. Maybe my great grandsons will use them, not sure if I will have any yet though, I don't have kids yet :D

Ahh the joys of dealing with Plasdene LOL

I got 50 dozen 330ml bottles and 50 dozen 640ml bottles from them a few years ago - great quality and way stronger than most other bottles (especially the 640ml)
I also bought about 12 pack (pack of 10) passata bottles from them last year. This year I went to buy more and they were nearly $2 per 720ml passata bottle by the time I did delivery and GST!

No wonder home brew shops charge what they charge for glass bottles having to deal with these people.

I believe they arrived, completely un-announced, at Mardoo's warehouse yesterday. They didn't even tell me they were delivering them. Quality organisation this. I noticed the charge has gone through on my bank account, so good to see they're on top of that bit of course....

Mardoo is on holidays/moving house...I believe he'll post some suggested dates for our split-up soon. And I'll have to hit everyone up for some money at some stage.

OK guys, yes, the bottles are finally here! Effin' hell. Zero communication or notice from Plasdene. We owe a big thanks to Carniebro. Plasdene can be a real pain to deal with on the wholesale level if you're a little customer. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1394078881.002917.jpg
See, bottles.

Possible pickup dates at this point include one of the following:

Sunday 16 March 10am to 12pm
Sunday 23 March 10am to 12pm
Saturday 29 March 10am to12pm

So it has to be all in one day. Let the voting begin.

In case you don't remember pick up details, and why would you after all this time:
Mardoo said:
Gory details of the day follow:

We'll be outdoors for this one so pray/dance naked to encourage not-rain on the day. That and keep your cloudbursting machines locked up.

The address is 157-161 Burnley Street in Richmond. The building (GetWinesDirect) is on the corner of Burnley and Murphy Streets and we'll be on the Murphy Street side. Look for the pallet on the sidewalk in front of the blue warehouse. Parking can be a bitch sometimes, but the Murphy Street side is usually the best one to find parking, so park down there.

We'll start at 10am and end time is up to Carniebrew. I'll be around but I'm working that day so I'll let him determine end time. Process will go:

Arrive.
Tape your boxes up and pack your bottles in.
Leave.

Pretty simple. I've flattened and saved aside wine cartons that we can re-use to pack the bottles in, or you can bring your own crates or boxes. You'll need to tape the wine boxes back up, should you choose to use them. I can provide tape guns and tape but I absolutely need all the tape guns back at the end of the day. I'll set up an ersatz packing table to make the job a bit simpler.

I fit 20 of what I think are nearly the same bottles into a standard wine carton the other day, so we should be able to do 5 boxes per hundred bottles. That's without cardboard dividers. I can provide dividers for a dozen bottles per box if folks want them but, because they're 500ml bottles and the boxes are made for a dozen 750ml bottles, they'll actually rattle around far more with the dividers than without. Up to you. I'm not going to use them and I spend my whole day moving boxes of bottles around. As long as you don't throw them around your bottles will be fine.

At the finish I'll come out and put everything away.

That's all I can think of.

I can't make any of those dates! :( Prefer a Saturday and ASAP. We can't do it next weekend after the Bulk Buy?

If Carniebrew can make it, it could happen on the 15th in the afternoon, anytime between 1:00 and 4:00 depending on Carnie's availability. However I've just found out I'm in charge that day so cant even make the bulk buy (effin' effin' grrrrrrrr - I was supposed to have it off), meaning that I will be pretty much uninvolved'in the bottle separating and packing, apart from my own.

How's that for you Carnie?

Whatever the case the pick up all needs to happen in one go as I can't have a bunch of loose bottles falling around the warehouse at work. Unhappy housies would be a big problem for me.

Mardoo said:
If Carniebrew can make it, it could happen on the 15th in the afternoon, anytime between 1:00 and 4:00 depending on Carnie's availability. However I've just found out I'm in charge that day so cant even make the bulk buy (effin' effin' grrrrrrrr - I was supposed to have it off), meaning that I will be pretty much uninvolved'in the bottle separating and packing, apart from my own.

How's that for you Carnie?

Whatever the case the pick up all needs to happen in one go as I can't have a bunch of loose bottles falling around the warehouse at work. Unhappy housies would be a big problem for me.
I can do 15th arvo if it works for others ???

Hi all I have to pull out on the order, I've been made redundant coming onto a month with no pay... Sorry if stuffed up the order but I need to be smart with my money at the moment

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

16th and 29th Both work for me, the 29th less as I have a wedding in the Yarra Valley on the 28th but I will still come with a hangover.
+1 For how many SimoB Im happy to share the left overs and kick in some cash.

CarniBrew - shoot me your paypal, bank or if you want Cash, Cash, Cash on the day I can do any of the above.

EDIT: SimoB has 200 allocated on pg. 9

So lots to go round, were adults we can work it out.

Damn SimoB, that sucks. Hope it all comes together well and quickly for you.

OK, if some folks are keen on the 15th and some on the 16th I can hold your bottles at the Richmond pickup location 'til the 16th if you like. We'll need to box them all up on the 15th though.

I can do the 15th during that time, but without Mardoo, we'll need at least 3-4 others to assist with the split, it's a lot of bottles!

SimoB, sorry to hear about your job problems. I guess I was asking for trouble a bit agreeing to pay for the entire pallet and hoping everyone who committed would be able to follow through. Hopefully there will be enough demand to cover your allocation, otherwise I guess I'll have a shed full of bottles I'll have to try and flog off.

What I might do is start a new thread advertising the bottle bulk buy outside of here, with those of us still committed listed as the first takers? There may be guys on the forum wanting bottles that have no idea we're sharing a pallet given the age and original intent of this thread.

For you guys still in, I'll send you my bank details, payment locks in your allocation, I hope that's ok?

A PM is a good idea. Not everyone has responded yet so it might reach everyone more quickly.

Oh, and I have your invoice.

Yeah sorry mate. I was taking some off others I wasn't on the
original list so hopefully that makes it easier. I think I has 200. I think 200 you should be able to flog off

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

No probs, I got PM'd overnight and we're back to the full 1,800 covered. All the best with your job hunt mate.

Latest posts

Back