Fisher & Paykel 215l Chest Freezer Lid Removal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchidog

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just purchased a 215L F&P chest freezer and want to start building a collar. I had a search through he forums to see if anyone has done a how to on how to get the spring loaded lid mechanism off without everything going flying, with no luck. Does anyone know of one?

Cheers,
Ben

I believe the door needs to be open (up) and that relieves the pressure.

I have found that you really need two people to put the lid on the f & p back on , one stands behind the lid and supports it in the fully open postion while the other flexes the two wires with their plastic shoes into position, then simply get the person that is holding the lid to close it shut while keeping downward pressure on the hinges ( if you dont do this lookout for the plastic shoe projectiles). Finally while lid is in the shut position with downward pressure still applied screw in the hinge retaining screws. Did this with my trouble and strife with only a few minor tense moments. One last word of advice if you con your wife into helping you get her to hold the lid and not the flexing of the wires, this is where I went wrong hence the few minor tense moments, Happy Brewing

Latest posts

Back