Crystal 120 How Much?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Putting a Cooper's Draught brew together, 0.75kgs LDME, 10gms POR @ 15mins, 15gms @ 0mins, i have 250gms Crystal 120. The question, is the 250gms crystal too much, ie too dark or would it be better with 125gms.
Cheers
briby

Hi all,
Putting a Cooper's Draught brew together, 0.75kgs LDME, 10gms POR @ 15mins, 15gms @ 0mins, i have 250gms Crystal 120. The question, is the 250gms crystal too much, ie too dark or would it be better with 125gms.
Cheers
briby

Depending on your extraction method (how fine you can crush the grain ?) 250g shouldn't be too bad. Will add a amber hue to the wort and some extra maltiness. If worried, use half and see how you like the result (or use the lot and see too !)

Are you boiling everything including the kit or just the crystal liquids ?

Depending on your extraction method (how fine you can crush the grain ?) 250g shouldn't be too bad. Will add a amber hue to the wort and some extra maltiness. If worried, use half and see how you like the result (or use the lot and see too !)

Are you boiling everything including the kit or just the crystal liquids ?

Thanks Fatz, just a hop boil & steeped crystal for 20min after the boil finished, all done now, used 1/2 the crystal, see how it comes out.

cheers :)
Briby

I used 250gms first time I steeped - too much, really malty beer... though not a session beer it is pretty nice. I've stuck with 125gms since - more manageable and adds something special to your kit.

Latest posts

Back